𝘤𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ⤑ 𝘯. 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘧𝘧

Start from the beginning

Natasha nodded back. There was a moment of silence which was awkward for him.

"Okay." She finally responded. "If...everything's fine. Then I'll—"

Her body shifted the other way as she was starting to leave. Out of some weird instinct, Y/N spoke up and stopped her.

"Would—would you like to come in?" He asked.

Natasha turned around and looked at him for a moment. After a brief pause, she accepted. Y/N moved aside and let her in, then closed the door.

"Sorry that I wasn't so inviting at first." The man apologized. "I...uh...I gotta remember my manners."

"Manners or no manners. It would've all been the same to me." She replied.

The redhead looked around his small apartment as she walked in. Y/N went over to his fridge.

"Would you like a drink?" He asked as he opened and looked inside. "I got Miller Lite. Corona. Lots of brands have popped up since I first went under."

"Didn't mark you as an alcoholic." She remarked upon seeing the many different kinds in his fridge.

"Eh, is more so the flavor of them." He walked up and handed her one. "I can't get drunk because of my...situation."

Y/N was only told by Fury that he has some form of the super soldier serum in his system, likely given to him by his captors when he was put under. For Y/N it was a cool fact since now he basically had the abilities of his idol, Captain America.

Natasha simply shrugged and took the bottle. The young man noticed that the game came back on but kept his attention on his new guest.

"Enjoying the holidays?" Natasha asked as she looked around. "Very festive around here."

He noticed her sarcasm and let out a chuckle. "Decorating never came up in my plans. What? Your place all lit up with candy cane-scented candles in every room?"

"Oh, definitely." She replied with even more sarcasm. "With a tree that barely fits in my living room. The music is so loud that my neighbors complain."

Y/N laughed. "Oh, man. Remind me next time to spend my Christmas with you."

"I'm not much of the...frolicking type."

"Well, me neither...I think. Not sure how I was back then." He replied. "So two boring people can surely make things fun."

The two talked for a bit before Natasha said she had to go. She didn't expect to stay for as long as she did.

Once Y/N bid her farewell and closed the door he went toward his couch. Moments later, he got a phone call. Based on the unknown number, he had an inkling of who it was.

"Hello?" He answered.

"L/N." Fury replied. "Where are you at the moment?"

"At home."

"Have you heard from Agent Romanoff?"

"Yes. She was just here. Uh...thanks for having her check up on me, by the way."

There was a brief pause as Fury was confused on the other. He let out a scoff.