V

The sun is rising and they're both trying to catch their breath when Jennie pushes a strand of wet hair from her face and presses a lingering kiss to her lips, smiling as she pulls back and rests their foreheads together.

"I actually have no idea that Taylor Swift had song lyrics that went like that."

And Roseanne can't do anything but laugh, because she doesn't think it would've made any difference in the grand scheme of things. She just liked to think she made the best of her opportunities, and that seemed like a good one.

"Do you honestly think I would've stopped?" she asks, and she can't help the way her hands run across Jennie's body, watching with satisfaction as goosebumps break out in her arms.

"I like to think you wouldn't be so devious."

"I wouldn't," Roseanne confirms, shifting so that she's on top of Jennie, slipping her hand between them and grinning as her fingers come in contact with a warm and wet bundle of nerves, "And, in any case, it's not as if I actually cared about the song. I just wanted to make you beg."

Jennie inhales sharply as Roseanne pushes two fingers into her, "I take it back," she moans. "You are devious."

Roseanne smirks as she slowly starts to move her fingers, letting her lips brush against Jennie's ears, "You love it," she whispers, biting on her earlobe.

When she pulls back, Jennie is staring intently at her, "I do. Fuck, I really do."

That morning, Jennie doesn't go out in the water.

(It's for the best, anyway. She doesn't think her legs are gonna be of much use for a while.)

"Hey!" Kirsch greets them as they walk into the restaurant later that morning. He turns to Jennie, "You weren't out in the water today."

They glance at each other and Dani seems to follow the exchange, because her lips split in a smug grin and she extends her hand to Kirsh - palms up - as she says, "Pay up, idiot."

Kirsch's eyes snap to them, "No way, man."

"Come on," Dani waves her fingers. “I’m telling you, pay up."

Her boyfriend lets out a defeated groan and Dani’s grin grows wider, only to have it completely wiped off her face as Jisoo swoops in and takes the money from Kirsch’s hand.

“Actually, you have to pay up too, Lisa,” she say. “I got this one.”

Dani narrows her eyes, “No you didn’t.”

“Uh, did too.”

“Excuse me,” Jennie interrupts, leaning forward in her seat, “What exactly did you get, if I may inquire?”

Roseanne watches as the three of them go white as a sheet, glancing at each other as they try to come up with an excuse, but Lisa is the one to throws them under the bus - metaphorically speaking, of course.

“They bet on how much time it would take for the two of you to have sex,” she explains, setting their usual orders in front of them. “Kirsch thought you’d last too little, Dani thought you’d last too much. Jisoo got the time frame right,” she sends a pointed look towards her partner,” “but they’re not getting any money because they know I don’t condone this, right?”

Jisoo is quick to slip Kirsch’s money back to him, “Right, babe. It was all for science.”

She can feel her cheeks burning, but Roseanne focuses on her food, unlike Jennie, who glares at their friends and flickers toothpicks at them, “You’re a bunch of assholes.”