Fifteenth Chapter: Midnite

Devante
New York City
Uptown Studio

Devante and Myla been in the studio talking singing and playing the piano all night Devante put Myla hands on the keys teaching her how to play piano cause she wanted to learn and she did pretty good.

After awhile Myla had stop playing the piano to watch Devante play something on the keys as she admired his talent.

Myla sat on the piano stool smiling while Devante took over playing something on the piano briefly as he turned away to look at her again.

"So Devante where you grew up I never saw you around before" Myla asked as Devante nodded and smile.

"That's true oh I was raised In Charlotte North Carolina but I'm originally from Virginia Hampton so how was It like growing up out here In New York?" Devante asked Myla with a smile.

Devante wanted to know more about her background since he knew of her from singing so beautifully but wanted to get to know her more on a personal level.

"Well It's been ok but the men are not that good here" Myla said rolling her eyes playfully.

"Oh you'll find somebody to share your life with" Devante said with a chuckle as he looked in her eyes.

Myla smiled sweetly and blushed.

"Thanks I hope you right so anyway I wonder how do your girlfriend feels about you being here with another woman?" Myla said looking at Devante being so friendly too a stranger.

Devante heard that and he got to thinking about how Navy doesn't like him talking to other girls behind her back, so It was time for him to go.

"Look I should probably go It's getting late" Devante said getting his belongings In the studio.

"I understand so you got a ride picking you up. Yes or no?" Myla said.

"Well I just move here so no but I find a way home" Devante said nonchalant while walking away from her.

"Wait Devante I'll give you a ride home besides I don't want you walking alone by yourself It could get very dangerous" Myla said to him as Devante couldn't argue with that.

"Oh wait let me call my brother to get the address and I'll be ready to go I only be one minute" Devante said pointing up his index finger.

He walked over by the phone to call the number Dalvin left for him to find out where there location was.

"Why you need the address you don't know where you live I've never heard anything like that before" Myla said cracking jokes.

Devante started dialing the number shown on the piece of paper and then felt a little embarrassed because It made him looked crazy.

"No actually Andre got us staying In this new place so Dalvin had Andre give me there number to keep In touch while I was away"

"Oh ok" Myla said as she picked up a magazine to read while Devante got on the phone.

***

"Okay I got the address and the directions from Dal on how to get there the apartment in Brooklyn so you ready to go now?" Devante said coming over to Myla.

Myla was still being seated of course reading a magazine while waiting on Devante to get done.

"Yes let's get you home you been here all day working" Myla said grabbing her clutch purse as she puts it on her shoulders