I met my mother on my way to the venue. She looks stunning in her birthday gown. I greeted her a happy birthday and praise her good looks as we enter the place where the celebration will be held. We waited for the announcer to announce our arrival before we head out to greet the people who attended the banquet. Everyone can enter the palace even the common people that's why the place is crowded with many devils. Some are from the other castles.

I finished the speech with a welcome remark for the guests who attended. They clapped their hands and soon engage in conversation with other devils. I went down with my mother to mingle with other guests. The loud noise from their mouths successfully make my head dizzy. I've been busy for a while, and I cannot deny that I've been neglecting my health. It's not on purpose though. I just put on a fake smile while some devils tried their shot to talk to me. There are some women who bravely grab their chance to woo me however to their dismay, their plan didn't end up in their favor. I don't have any plan in taking a spouse if it's not the man I want.

The music soon played and people gather on the center of the venue with their partners. The scene knock a memory in my mind. It was the first time I got to dance with Jeongguk outside the castle. I didn't mean to offend him that time because of some insensitive joke of mine. I was just not really thinking smart before dropping some lines causing for him to return to the castle with dejected heart.

Suddenly, a pair of dancers caught my attention. The glass I'm holding almost popped on my hand as I watch them glide, their bodies latch on each other. Mark leaned closer to Jeongguk's ear to whisper something which is enough to ignite more anger inside me. Jeongguk's eyes wander towards my direction. Our eyes met him in a quick moment before Jeongguk avert his eyes. My blood is boiling inside my veins. Damn it, Mark! Are you testing my patience!?

"Let's dance, Your Majesty.." Mara appeared on my side out of the blue. A manservant passed with a tray on top of his hand so I placed the glass on it to prevent myself from gripping it too tight. I turn down Mara's offer without second thoughts. I'm not in the mood to dance now because of what I saw. Why is Jeongguk here anyway? I know mother invited Eclipsa but I didn't know that she would bring her cousin along with her.

With a head as hard as stone, Mara keeps on persuading me to dance with her. Her chaos gained some of the people's attention thus I give up on disagreeing. Mara pulled me in the middle of the dance floor and soon enough we are mixing with other dancers. I don't feel any emotion as I held her waist and lead the dance. It's not the same as I dance with Jeongguk. His bright smiles is so different from Mara's. I miss hearing his laughter. I can picture it in my mind because it was a precious memory for me.

"Your Majesty, would you like to exchange partners? I want to dance with Her Highness.." Mark's voice caught my attention. It pulled me out from thinking about the past. Jeongguk's eyes almost come out of it's sockets as he heard my brother say those words. However, he didn't get to disagree because Mark already swiftly change his and Mara's position. Now I'm holding Jeongguk by the waist. Now I'm feeling the same emotion as I did back them. The feeling of satisfaction now that I have him in my arms. On contrary, he seems pissed like a lion. At first I didn't know how to act because I know he still harbours great disdain towards me but when he moved his body, I felt really happy so I just followed his movement.

Jeongguk's eyes keeps darting somewhere, clearly avoiding my eyes. I tried to get him to talk but his harsh tongue slash my heart. Every word that came out of his lips pierce something inside me. But I know thay I deserve it so I tried to be patient for him. I can do this all day if that would get him to accept me again. For him, I will do anything to amend my past mistake. But it seems that Jeongguk is not the same person who is forgiving anymore.

I plead for him in my bed chamber but he gives me the cold shoulder. It's not usual for me to beg and cry but I did in front of him. As a ruler, it's not appropriate for me to lower myself to anyone but for him I am going to risk everything. Still, he left me with a broken heart. But do I have the right to complain? No. He must have felt triple than the pain I'm feeling right now.