Just Nice?

Prompt: December 22nd. Naughty or Nice.

~~~

Just Nice?

The debate had been going strong for what felt like hours. Should she? Or shouldn't she? And the longer that she lay on the couch in Harry's arms, just the two of them, the fire gradually dying down, knowing that everyone else in the house was asleep meant that one side was definitely winning.

Her mind wandered up to the small bag in her room. It'd been an impulse buy when she was out getting Harry his 'Secret Santa' gift. In addition, she'd had to buy it when her mother was distracted – she may be sixteen and almost Of Age but somehow, she didn't think her mother would completely approve of her purchase.

Not for the first time that night, she felt Harry shift slightly to nuzzle some of her hair out of the way before he descended to her neck. The kisses were light and trailed from her collarbone, up her neck and to her earlobe which he promptly nipped. It took every ounce of willpower she had not to move or to make a sound. They were still too young, too early in their dating life for more than just kisses but the temptation was Hard. Much like something else that Hermione was definitely not thinking about.

As the kisses travelled back down her neck and hit a certain spot, the debate was won.

"Harry," she said breathlessly.

"Hmm?" he questioned, still not stopping with the kisses.

"Don't move, I'll be right back," she told him even as she – somewhat reluctantly – extradited herself from his arms.

"Where are you going?" he asked, half-sitting up, his eyes following her as she moved towards the door.

"Just upstairs for a minute. I promise that I won't be long," she reassured him.

"I'll be waiting," he replied.

Opening the door, Hermione slipped out into the hallway. It was dark, the gaslights having been extinguished hours ago. A simple lumos fixed that problem. Carefully, so as to not step in the wrong place and make the stairs or floorboards squeak, she ghosted up the stairs. At the next landing, she moved down the hallway until she was right outside the room that she shared with Ginny.

Slowly, she turned the knob and opened the door just wide enough. Then, sticking her wand in the gap, she whispered her spell.

"Accio bag!"

In the dark, it was near impossible to see the small package as it zoomed towards her. She wasn't a Seeker, like Harry, and thus fumbled it rather badly. Thankfully, the tiny bag was light and hardly made a sound at all when it hit the ground. Quickly, she picked it up and stole into the bathroom across the hall.

For an instant, Hermione second-guessed her decision but then she looked into the bag and her resolve resurfaced. Before she could have third thoughts, she began stripping off her clothes. There was only a brief second of indecisiveness at the last article, before it, too, hit the floor around her ankles.

The red satin was plucked from the bag, and she pulled on first the bottoms and then the top.

Once she was dressed, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her new pyjamas fit perfectly. The red spaghetti straps over her shoulders would give Harry a lot more access to her neck, the thought of which sent pleasurable shivers down her spine. The top ended well before her belly button, leaving her midriff bare before the bottoms started. They, too, were short, finishing still at the upper part of her thighs. They were a little baggy in the leg department but the feel of the satin on her legs as she moved was very, very nice.

The cold, she saw, was having a noticeable effect on her (at least, she assumed that it was the cold) but there was nothing to be done about that. Thankfully, the lighting in the sitting room was very low so Harry shouldn't notice. She hoped.

Lightly, she touched her book locket that hung from her neck and smiled. The gold worked very well with the red, made her look even more Christmassy than she already felt.

Then, after kicking her clothes into the corner where she knew Kreacher would find them and return them to her trunk after washing them, the exited the bathroom. As before, she took extra care going back down, making sure that she didn't make a sound.

"I'm back," she announced, as she slipped back into the sitting room.

Harry had obviously lain back down while she was away. The instant that she announced herself, he rose, firstly into a sitting position and then fully to his feet. His eyes were wide and his jaw dropped.

"Wow, Hemione! Very very nice!" he exclaimed, looking her up and down.

She noticed that his eyes lingered on her chest and realised that her points were more obvious than she had hoped.

"Just nice, Harry?" she asked, managing to capture his eyes with hers. "I thought it would garner something a little better than just nice."

"Beautiful! Amazing! Gorgeous!" he blurted, once more giving her and her outfit a slow up and down.

She could see that he was thinking something else and, while she had her suspicions and understood his reluctance to say it, she actually really wanted to hear it.

"You can say what you're thinking, Harry," she encouraged quietly.

He looked into her eyes, obviously wanting reassurance that it was okay to say. She gave him the tiniest of nods as well as raising her eyebrow challengingly at him.

"You look damn sexy, Hermione," he said, his voice much lower, almost a growl.

"Good," she told him. "Thank you, Harry. I ... I wanted to, for you."

"You did?" he asked, sounding surprised.

"I love you, Harry," she stated.

"I love you, too, Hermione," he replied.

"Shall we cuddle a bit longer before we go to bed?" she asked.

His raised eyebrow and smirk had her quickly replaying what she'd said in her mind.

"Alone, Harry! In our own beds!" she clarified.

"I know that, Hermione," he laughed, even as he drew her towards the couch. "But it was fun to tease."

She watched as he quickly lay back down and opened her arms to her. With a smile, she acquiesced and snuggled into him, her back pressed up against his front. She felt his arm that was under her wrap around so that it crossed her chest, his hand closing on her upper arm, his other arm falling across her stomach. The feel of his hand on her bare skin was electrifying and she couldn't help but close her eyes in bliss.

"Hmmm, this is very nice," she said, even as he started to, once again, trail kisses from her earlobe down her neck to her collarbone. He didn't stop there, though, continuing across her shoulder before restarting the journey back the way that he'd come.

"Just 'nice', Hermione?" he murmured in between kisses.

"Most definitely nice. Well ... maybe a little naughty as well," she agreed, a sigh and shiver of pleasure escaping her strict control.

"Mmm, I agree," Harry murmured, his trail of kisses diverting across from just below her ear to across her jawline.

Once again, she moaned in pleasure and did the only thing that she could think of to (hopefully) curtail the noise: she rolled over in his arms and captured his mouth with hers and lost herself in his kisses.