That's One Way To Announce It!

Prompt: December 4th. Christmas crackers. Harmony pull some Christmas crackers and hijinks ensue.

~~~

That's One Way To Announce It!

"They're..."

"New."

Harry and Hermione had only just given Kreacher his present from Dobby and the other house-elves when the fire had flared up and turned green. An instant later a Red Sea of Weasleys began tumbling out, led by Fred and George who had instantly focused on the twin Ugly Christmas Jumpers.

Harry looked at Hermione and saw her give him the tiniest of shrugs.

Fred and George bounding across the room at them before stopping right in front of them and leaning in so close that their noses were almost touching the Ugly Christmas Jumpers had the new couple quickly backing up.

"You don't think...?"

"It's not what we designed..."

"But eminently possible..."

"Absolutely brilliant though..."

"Cracking, you might say!"

"Ha! Cracking! Yes! Good one!"

"Well, I am the wittier of us..."

"And I am the better-looking."

"Would you two stop that!" Harry stated, interrupting the tennis match between Fred and George.

The twins looked at each other and then looked at Harry and Hermione before their eyes narrowed slightly.

"Have you two been..."

"Snooping in our room?"

"Of course not!" Hermione snapped. "Why on Earth would we do such a thing?"

"Yeah, we know that anything in there is likely to be dangerous," Harry added.

"Smart, that one," Fred nodded.

"But the evidence..." George said, gesturing up and down at their jumpers.

Again, the twins looked at each other before nodding.

Crack!

"Fred!" Mrs Weasley bellowed. "What have I told you about apparating inside the house?"

"But I'm right here, Mum," the puzzled-sounding twin said.

Crack!

"I'm sorry, Fred," Mrs Weasley replied.

"What for?" the returning twin asked.

"Don't you start, George!" Mrs Weasley said, advancing on said twin with a waggling finger.

"But I'm Fred!" he protested, hurriedly backing away.

"Do you think that I can't tell my own boys apart?" Mrs Weasley asked angrily.

Harry looked at Hermione, a lop-sided grin on his face; she gave an answering roll of her eyes.

"How's Arthur?" Sirius asked, interrupting the argument.

"He's doing better," she replied, turning to face him. "The Healers think that he could be home by Christmas!"

"That's wonderful news!" Sirius replied.

"Now, you two..."

"Are you sure that you haven't been in our room?"

"This doesn't look familiar?"