they got to a huge room with a bunch of other people holed up in it. they heard the word from both gon and the captain that there was a storm, not wanting to be out there either. gon went to a corner with a blanket he had set up, gently putting [ name ] down on it. [ name ] scooted himself closer to the wall, making room on the blanket for gon. once gon was sat and settled, he pulled out a small piece of bread and a juice pouch, handing it to the other boy.

you look very slim and felt very light when i picked you up. i assume you haven't eaten in a few days, so here. have it! ❞ he exclaimed with a warm smile, to which [ name ] hesitantly took. he returned the smile, only his was a bit smaller.

" i like having you as a friend, gon freeces. " [ name ] thought.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ALRIGHT, LETS HEAR YOUR NAMES FIRST.

the sound of a deep voice awoke the sleeping [ name ]. he moaned quietly, shuffling and moving his arm, rubbing his sleepy eyes awake. it only took him a few seconds to realize where he was. he was in the room to control the ship. he saw a man steering the ship, another next to the captain, the captain, a very very tall male with dark hair and glasses, a shorter male with blonde and long hair, and gon. and that he was standing-- no. laying on gon's back. wait-- laying on gon's back. he furrowed his brows as he tried to figure out where he was in the room.

he was curled up in a blanket, only his head popping out so you couldn't see the rest of his body, and the blanket was tied around gon's torso. [ name ] was basically on the boy's back as if he was a sleeping infant. he felt so secure, it was unbelievable. he wondered to himself, why was a boy carrying him around as if they didn't just meet a few hours ago? he couldn't possibly have trusted [ name ] so quickly like that, right? if he recalled right, [ name ] fell asleep soon after he ate the food gon gave him. his body being so weak from the blood loss, his body couldn't help but to rest. he slightly awed at the fact that gon cared for him so much already, despite meeting for the first time a few hours ago.

after what gon has done for him, [ name ] felt the sense to protect the other too. he had a feeling they'd be together for a while. [ name ] heard the captain talk about some hunter exam, to which [ name ] tuned out. he didn't know nor care as to what he was talking about. he gently nuzzled his head against the back of gon's neck, careful not to hurt the part on his head where he was bandaged. he made small noises as he got comfortable, closing his eyes again.

hey! whose this kid on your back? ❞ the tall man with dark hair and glasses went to poke the sleepy male, to which gon swiftly moved away from him. ❝ don't touch him please, he's been through a lot, and he's asleep right now. ❞ gon said through furrowed brows and a small frown. the male known as leorio shook through the boy's intense stare. he lightly nodded and looked back at the captain, just in time to hear the blonde's explanation as to why he wanted to be a hunter.

[ name ]'s eyes were still closed, and he buried his face a little into the blanket. he had a small smile as he heard gon defend him. he decided to listen in on the blonde's, known as kurapika, explanation. he heard that the older male wanted to avenge his clan as they were all killed by a band of thieves.

he tuned the rest out, thinking for a moment. he remember gon explaining to him how he himself wanted to be a hunter to find his father, but after hearing kurapika's story, he pondered. " i want to.. avenge everyone back at the facility. all the ones who died, all the ones who are still living this hell. and for yukkio.. i want to avenge her too. " he thought, opening his eyes now.