wh-why am i on a ship? how did i get here? ❞ the [ hair color ] head quietly asked, glancing at the captain. he took in the older males features, him having blonde hair with a beard that covered most of his face, hazel brown eyes, and a rosy red nose. it was probably red from all of the drinking he did, considering [ name ]'s nose picked up a very strong smell of alcohol from off of the man.

the captain slowly started explaining everything to the boy, yet [ name ] just tuned everything out. he didn't mean to, it just sort of happened as his focus was else where. he stared at a boy that looked around his age. he was wearing an all green outfit, and a backpack with a fishing pole attached to it. the boy was too far away for [ name ] to be able to take in his facial features.

after a few minutes, the captain had left [ name ], the boy being propped up against a post. [ name ] was able to have a moment to check out his own state his body was in. he lifted up his dried bloodied shirt, seeing as he had a huge bandage wrapped around his small torso. he also felt his head, feeling some cloth wrapped around it, the same cloth as the bandage on his stomach.

he furrowed his brows before slowly getting up, holding onto the post for support. his current objective was to talk to the boy in an all green outfit. once he was fully up, he went to take a step, only to feel his foot staggering a little before bending in an odd way, making the boy lose his balance and fall--- only, he didn't feel his body hit the hard floor. instead, he felt warm hands around him.

he looked up in surprise, seeing the boy he got up for in the first place. it was now, with their close contact, he was able to scan his face. black and green spiky hair that was in an upwards motion and brown eyes. his eyes stared down at [ name ]'s bandaged figure in worrisome.

he gently helped the male up, holding onto him so he wouldn't fall again. it was then how he realized that [ name ] was about two inches shorter than him. ❝ are you okay? you're all patched up, you must've been through some serious trouble! ❞ the brown eyed boy exclaimed, letting out a nervous chuckle.

[ name ] nodded, looking down. he noticed that he was bare foot, assuming his shoes got lost in the ocean. ❝ gon freeces is my name by the way! whats yours? ❞ he asked. he had his hand snaked around [ name ]'s waist, careful not to touch the others bandaged torso.

[ name ].❞ he didn't have a last name. in fact, he never even had a real name. his older sister, yukkio, was the one who named him. after he was born, his sister was just seven years old when the both of them got thrown into the facility. it was a facility that tested on kids, having them develop some sort of powers a normal human wouldn't be able to have after they come out of the womb. some kids died due to their system not being able to handle the toxins they put into their body, and some, like [ name ] and yukkio, were able to survive, along with having powers.

[ name ]'s powers were odd, as they weren't exactly powers. he was injected with some sort of alien toxin, making him develop another being inside of him that was called venom. his sister had a normal power though, the power to make things float.

gon smiled at the smaller male before picking him up bridal style. [ name ] squeaked at the sudden action, quickly wrapping his arms around the others neck. gon didn't say anything as he walked to a different part of the ship. ❝ wh-where are we going?  ❞ [ name ] had questioned, taking in his surroundings as they walked. ❝ a closed in space on the ship, a storm is coming, and i don't think you'd wanna be out there while it happens, would ya? ❞ he replied with a question, making the boy in his arms shake his head.