7. A rare beautiful day

Depuis le début

"Let's start practice!" I ordered and they immediately started setting up the net and taking out the volleyballs.

Hajime arrived a few seconds later with my uncle.

"There you are! With Tooru not shutting it, I was surprised you didn't hit him."

"I can hear you, you know!" he whined.

"What was it about?"

"Oh, nothing important" I said, blushing.

Hajime didn't say anything else, but I could see him grin and running toward the rest of the team the next second.

"I can see this new year is going better than the last one." my uncle randomly said.

"Not surprising."

"You're happy."

"Yeah. I met two new girls. I'm starting to think that this year's mine."

"It will be. I'm sure of it"

"Thank you, uncle."

"You're welcome."

"Okay, guys, hurry it up!!" I screamed, clapping my hands together.

"You're worst than the coach himself, Y/n-chan. Why you gotta be so demanding?" Tooru cried.

"Let's get practicing, boys!!" I screamed again, not listening to my friend.

*-*--*-*

"I'm gonna walk tonight, uncle. I need time for myself."

"Okay, try not to be long. I'll make dinner."

"Don't worry."

"'Later!"

"'Later."

He got in his car and he drove away as I was waving at him. I then put my earphones in my ears and started walking, kicking rocks here and there. Rethinking all that happened today, I really wished days like that would repeat itself all over the year and years to follow. It felt as unreal as last year felt, but in two different ways. To think that the year is far away from over, it feels more unreal. The only thing that still hurts me is volleyball. I can't play like I would like to play, but I can still train my uncle's boys to be perfect at their sport. Because I remember that it's my last year here... but it's also Tooru's and Hajime's and I want them to go to Nationals, them who never got the chance. With their new promising first years, I hope it gives the team the chance to win.

A hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder and I jumped, taking my earplugs out of my ears. When I turned around, I put a hand on my chest, sighing in relief.

"Tooru! You scared me!"

"Sorry, it wasn't my purpose. So, you walking home alone?"

"Yeah, I needed to take a walk."

He looked at me with a "really? You didn't get your lesson?" type of look.

"Oh, come on, Tooru, I've gotten so much luckier these last months. It's not like last year."

"If it's you saying it, then I might as well believe you." he said with an oh so not convinced voice, but I didn't say anything else.

"So, why'd you run up here? It's pretty far away from school and you had to change."

"I just saw coach's car driving off without you and you started walking, so I thought maybe it would be nice to walk with you. So I hurried up."

"Well, thank you for thinking about my safety"

"You're welcome."

We arrived at my house a few minutes later.

"I'm glad I got to walk home with you, even for half the way." I said.

"Me too."

"So, see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

He started walking away and I entered the house, closing it behind me as I let myself fall to the ground, my back resting on the door.

I don't know why, but again, my heart fell more in love with this boy. So much more that my legs almost gave up, that my heartbeat almost made me deaf from his words, that I couldn't hide the blushing that burnt my cheeks. All that because of the proximity of our hearts, bodies and mostly hands, that touched a few times... But in the end, I found myself smiling at this feeling.

"You coming, Y/n? The dinner will be ready in a few minutes" my uncle called.

"I'm coming, let me just take off my shoes." I said, trying to hide my shaking voice, getting up from my still unstable legs.

Who knew love could make someone so weak...

*-*--*-*

(A/N) : Hi guys, this is my Christmas gift to all of you❤️ Hope you love it😊❤️