Chapter 20 • Cal

Start from the beginning

I can't do this!

I can't keep comparing the two like some prized pigs out for a slaughter.

Scrambling off Cynthia's bed suddenly, I hurriedly put my clothes back on.

"Where are you going?" Cynthia raises her upper body off of the bed glaring at me.

Buttoning up my jeans I stare at her, trying my hardest to see something in her that I truly desire.

Why am I even here? She does nothing for me?

"Gotta go!" My simple explanation doesn't appease her.

"It's because of her isn't it? Ora doesn't come around anymore because of her and now she has you in her clutches also. She's a damn bitch Cal. You don't need her, she has your brothers. Stay with me." I instantly grab Cynthia by her throat, pushing her back against the headboard, very harshly.

"Don't call her a bitch. She's a hundred times the woman you are!" My venom spews out.

"Cal, I can't...breath." Releasing her slowly, I still glare down at her.

What the hell did I ever see in this conniving bitch?

I exit her room ecstatically.

Now here I am drinking my problems away at the local bar

Now here I am drinking my problems away at the local bar. On my fifth shot of the night, a presence beside me alerts me instantly.

Side eyeing the culprit I notice Max staring at me questionably.

"Want to talk about it boss?" Hell no! That's the last damn thing I want to do.

Max waits patiently for my reply, I shake my head instead of answering, not in the mood for civil conversation.

"What happened to your jaw?" Max is persistent I'll give him that. Turning toward him I eye him very closely.

I can see why Jaci thought he was hot. Losing all of her control in the classroom over him.

"Why are you here Max?" He shrugs, looking around the packed bar.

"Needed a drink. I come here a lot." He answers my question nonchalantly. I keep eyeing him. Wondering if he's the loose lip in our gang? The one sending threatening letters? I never actually been close to him. I don't know that much about him. Hell! I don't even know if he has a mate or even his sexual preferences.

"Are you straight Max?" Max eyes me suspiciously.

"No. I'm bi. Why?" I grab him by his wrist, yanking him off the stool, dragging him to the back room of the bar.

I find the storage room down the deserted hall. Opening the door that thankfully isn't locked, I push Max into the room closing the door behind me, before he could even protest.