Bonus Chapter: Missing Piece found

It's here.

The day is finally here.

Man Upstairs, she'd been dreaming of this day for so long. Ever since her childhood. Lucy couldn't believe this was actually happening. It's been so long since they'd first gotten together, but now? Nothing could describe her current state. Overwhelming, Unconditional Happiness was her first guess, but soon thought of so many other positive scenarios to say. If no one could name everything, Lucy could certainly think everything of it.

Her wedding day.

Lucy Wyldstyle, the one woman no one would ever think could fall for another, let alone settle down with someone, was having what no one also never could've guessed; her perfect fantasy. Driving to the Church. Getting out such a Grand, expensive Limo, going through the open doors. Walking through rows of stands and seats. Arriving to the Altar. Turning her head. Facing the one thing she loved she loved more than everything in the whole of existence combined. Listening to the priests words. Saying her vows. Giving her 'I do' to her Lover. Finally, gracing the man who held her heart in his hands such a passionate kiss, any other man would die from too much love, after being wedded.

Joined together for Eternity, in Love, kindness, understanding, respect, and protection.

Lucy had actually, mere hours before she first met Emmet, that fateful day at the construction site, had given up on finding an actual loving partner. Sure, she was attracted to her Boyfriend, Batman at the time. Yes, the Batman, but, She didn't truly love him. She had planned to end it with him after the mission was finally over,, the Kragle destroyed, and the Universe saved from Lord Business. Then, she would be fully alone again. A punk, goth, rebel, living the rest of her life on the run, stopping by to, for a short time, hang on to meaningless flings and fake lovers. That is... before she met Emmet.

At first, Lucy looked up to him as a great destined savior, meant to stop Business, and save everyone. When she saved him from getting shot in half, she even felt a little connection with the chosen Master Builder, finding him just a little cute. She thought he was even better than the prophecy said he'd be, taking out all those enemy robots, not even knowing what he was doing. But, when she found out Emmet was just some regular guy, caught up in the whole thing, she was boiling mad. She wanted nothing to do with this guy now, and knew he would never be a Master Builder, let alone the special. However... Lucy did feel a little spark fly between them, after he saved her from Bad Cop, and tried to hold his hand, getting slightly romantically attracted to him.

That was when Batman came in and saved them from falling off the canyon. She was happy to see him, but not fully. She did start to see some hope of him being a Leader when the other Master Builders cheered when Emmet found the Piece of Resistance, but all put him down when he confessed he wasn't as skilled as them. When the enemy attacked, and they dove into the water, Lucy cried for him was the submarine was about to explode. Thankfully, they survived thanks to Emmet's quick thinking, which she also found kinda cute.

When they finally had some alone time in the vents of Octan Tower, Lucy hadn't revealed just one, but two of her biggest secrets to the guy she met just a day ago. That was when what he said next made her heart flutter. 'I really like that name'. Surprisingly, that gave her the last nudge, going in to hold his hand, before Batman interrupted again. When Emmet thought this might be goodbye, that's what broke Lucy's hardened heart. But she knew, this wouldn't be goodbye. After the mission, when the work was finally done, Lucy would have to end it with Batman for good, but that was ok. Her heart chose to be with Emmet.

When the plan went all wrong. When they lost. When Business killed their dear friend and Leader, Vitruvius. When the piece fell into the abyss, the others, even Emmet, lost hope. But what happened next, shattered what was left of Lucy's will... Emmet was going to sacrifice himself, to save everyone. The same people who told him he was nothing, and mocked him. He was going to do it. She shouted for him to stop, but it was too late. He fell into the unknown, saving everyone and disarming the electric shocker. Lucy ran to the window, seeing nothing of him left... She was in love with Emmet, and she lost him the second she knew it.