Chapter 10: Truth

After the events of the former day, Lucy and Emmet were ready to get to the National People's Hall to stop Metaxas for his crimes, to stop the war, and to save the lives of millions of people.

The two lovers had to hide for most of the day, as Metaxas had sent his loyalist forces to arrest Lucy for 'Treason', but Emmet was able to keep her safe by getting her food and other necessities to survive a whole day isolated.

Now, it was near dark, most of the forces in the city had turned in for the night, and that meant Emmet and Lucy could get to the Hall no problem, and show everyone the tape Lucy had with her.

The tape itself was a recording given from an old acquaintance, cough, (Ex of Lucy's) cough, that showed the Axis testing a superweapon. One that could level everything within a 60 mile radius into dust.

With this info, it could surely cause the Democratic Pact to come to some sort of a peace settlement, and stop the war before it even begins. Lucy had, by any means, no sympathy for the Axis, but she wouldn't let innocent people suffer.

Finally, after getting ready, preparing all the things they needed, and the tape with them, Emmet and Lucy began their trek to the Hall. They did pass by Metaxas loyalists, but since Emmet was the son of Defense-Minister Venizelos, he was let through, saying he was 'going to bring Lucy in for questioning'.

#

Prime-Minister Metaxas, Venizelos, and several other General's and Politicians were gathered in the war-room to begin for the war to start. One General held a device on front of Metaxas.

"Sir, this is the device necessary for the Atomic Strike against the enemy. You are meant to turn these two keys at the same time," He pulled two keys onto the machine, turning on a red light. "then, you lift this control to flip this switch, and finally, turn this grey knob, which will release the bombs, and fly to their destinations, and destroy them just 10 minutes from launch."

He then handed the device to Metaxas, quickly disarming it to wait to actually launch the rockets against the Axis.

Meanwhile, Emmet and Lucy finally made their way to the top of the enormous structure, being greeted by a few foremen and other Metaxas guards. The security chief then spoke.

"Miss Lucy Wyldstyle. I have an order for your arrest." Thankfully, Emmet cut in before they could do anything.

"Hold on, sir. My Fiancee has something very important to show to my Dad and Godfather. Something they need to hear right away."

"I am sorry, Mr. Brickowski, but I have my orders."

Emmet grew a little tense, but kept his usual happy self. "Then I'm sorry, but I'll have to go over your head, with my own authority... Look, I promise this is a one time thing, but Lucy and I have to show this to the men in that room."

The chief was skeptical, but obliged, and let them through to the war-room.

The General spoke up again to Metaxas. "Any questions, sir?"

"No thank you... My mission is clear."

Emmet and Lucy then walked into the room, everyone shocked to see Lucy, and some guards raising their weapons, but Emmet was able to convince them to stand down.

Metaxas and Venizelos were very confused at the situation. Venizelos then asked to Emmet, "Son, what is this?"

"I'm sorry Dad, but there's something you have to see."

"What is it?" Metaxas seemed curious at this from his Godchild.

"Lucy found some info from the Axis. This is just gonna be for 10 minutes, but it's gonna change everything."