"What are you doing out in the predator territory at night?" Cat Noir purred seductively, "You know cats eat mice"

"Perhaps I should have been the dog" Multimouse teased.

"Cats and dogs don't get along, my prey" Cat Noir pinned her against the alley wall, "I wish I can eat you but you're just too cute and adorable"

"Thank you, kitty cat" Multimouse smiled nervously.

"So why did you come?" He stroked her legs that were wrapped around his waist, "You miss your favorite cat burglar?"

"Yes, I did" Multimouse replied.

He purred when felt his lower region harden a little that the mouse's legs were tightening his waist, "I'm guessing milady is afraid that I'm pissed and she sent a mouse for me to eat"

"I don't work for her anymore. She's on her own" Multimouse said.

"Then how did you get this?" Cat Noir pointed at the mouse miraculous.

"I took it from her after hearing what she planned to do, replace you," Multimouse said.

"So Rena Furtive told you too? Well, I'm not gonna forgive her at all. In fact, Paris can live without her" Cat Noir said with resentment.

"Kitty, calm down" Multimouse tightened her legs around his waist.

He let a groan, "What are you doing?" He asked while stroking her legs.

"Don't let your anger consume you. You'll become what you hate" Multimouse said.

"The only things I hate is being left out, abandoned, secrets, and liars. Those are things Ladybug did to me, princess. I gave up on being a hero because being a hero leads to pain" Cat Noir nibbled her neck.

The mouse moaned quietly, "I'm sure your lady didn't mean those things"

"That's still no excuse. Abusing her favorite partner led to his pain and he felt abandoned by Paris" Cat Noir moved her legs off his waist, "I closed my heart a long time ago, princess. Ladybug was the only girl I loved but then I realized it was just a stupid fantasy"

"What if Ladybug dies? You wouldn't care?" Multimouse tested his morality.

Cat Noir sighs in defeat, "I'm not that heartless, princess. Of course, I would care. I may kill bad men but I don't kill women or children"

"I hardly recognize you, Kitty," Multimouse said in disbelief.

"That's another thing heroes don't see. They see villains as monsters but they don't understand their past at how they became bad" Cat Noir twirls his baton, "You need to go, princess. This place is filled with nasty thieves and I don't want you to get hurt"

"See you soon Kitty" Multimouse runs off from the area.

Once back at her apartment, Marinette was in further disappointed in herself for making Noir a villain due to her selfishness.

Cat Noir was right about one thing; she was being too hard on herself and no matter how many times her kitty tried to help her, she pushes him away.

"That day I say I was gonna replace him was the worst yet. The more I show up as Ladybug the more I'll provoke him" Marinette said.

"You're not gonna renounce me, are you?" Tikki asked.

"No, there has to be something I can do to undo my biggest mistake. Why didn't I consider making him co-guardian?" Marinette said.

"Maybe because you're too focused on duties instead of friendship," Roarr said.

"Like the time you got your girlfriends akumatized," Fluff said.

"I know, it is time Ladybug takes a vacation and Marinette steps up" Marinette removes her earrings, "I'm sorry Tikki, But I need a break from duties as a hero"

She heard a thud on the roof and she guessed it was her kitty coming to have affection and treats again.

"Everyone hide," She told the kwamis and she went to open the trapdoor.

"Meow, my lovely little mouse" Cat Noir comes inside, "Such a shame you didn't find any cheese"

"Yeah, what a pity" Marinette chuckled nervously.

"I didn't mean to upset you but I had to let all the pain out. It's just I never talk about it to anyone but to my kwami" Cat Noir licked her cheek.

"Well you always got me, Cat Noir," Marinette said.

"And that's why every princess has an animal to talk to" Cat Noir purred.

"Yeah, of course. One thing positive is that Shadow Moth has no successor" Marinette said.

"But Paris has criminals now. They never came out because of Shadow Moth" Cat Noir lies down next to her.

"Yep. So far Lie-la hasn't pulled any lying stunt" Marinette said.

"If she does, let me know. Better yet, I should sneak in and tell Mr. Damocles to not make that dumb mistake again" Cat Noir growled lowly.

"Yeah, not listening to others' stories would have gotten him fired," Marinette said.

"And your teacher has to take care of her baby," Cat Noir said.

"Yeah, that too" Marinette nuzzled on his chest.

"You know I love you, princess. Even if I'm very untamed and wild, I loved to be petted by you" Cat Noir purred.

"Yeah, I know" Marinette scratched his chin.

Cat Noir purred in delight. Pawing her other hand that he wanted to be petted more.

"Okay Kitty" She pets his blond hair and Cat Noir laid down as she did.

He reached and removed her scrunchies, freeing her hair, "You're too puuuuuuurrrrrretty" Cat Noir purred.

"Thanks, Noir" Marinette smiled.

While getting all the attention from his princess, it was time to go since he wants his princess to get a good night's sleep.

"I must go, princess. I'll be back for you someday" Cat Noir sat up.

"You're sparing the mouse?" Marinette asked with a tease.

"Yes, I am, my princess" Cat Noir winked as he left.

Marinette went to sleep as Cat Noir left. A single tear ran down her face.