Arrival In Tokyo

The car is now heading back to Tokyo. Io is in the front passenger seat, with Kuroka, in her little cat form, laying on his lap. Io's strange looking eyes stare out the window as he pets Kuroka. 

A small smile is on Io's face and Kuroka purrs as Io pets her. Denji is sitting in the back of the car with Makima.

Suddenly a growl rings out from the back of the car.

"That was my stomach." Denji says as he puts a hand on his stomach.

"What's your name?" Makima asks Denji.

"It's Denji!" He says with a smile.

"I need to tell you something right now. From now on, you're in my care, Denji. I expect 'yes' or 'woof' for answers. I don't need a dog that says 'no.'"

Denji sweats. "When you say that..."

"Someone in forensics once told me... That when we get dogs that aren't helpful, we put them down."

Io licks his lips a little and Denji's stomach growls again.

"We haven't had breakfast yet, either." Makima says. "Let's grab something at the rest area."

"Sorry, but I don't have any cash." Denji says.

"Just pick what you want. I'll pay." Makima says, and Io looks back at Makima with a hopeful smile. "You'll have to pay for yourself and Kuroka, Io."

Io's smile turns into a sorrowful one. "Damn."

Makima takes off her dress coat. "And you're conspicuous without a shirt on, so wear this." She hands Denji her dress coat. "Here."

Io looks in the rear view mirror and sees Denji looking at Makima with a blush

Io looks in the rear view mirror and sees Denji looking at Makima with a blush. Io's smile turns into a smirk. 'She's got him on a leash.' 

.

.

.

.

Later at a rest stop the three devils and Denji are at a food stall. Kuroko, in little cat form, is sitting on Io's shoulder; looking at the menu board. The human us a little ways from them.

 The human us a little ways from them