Present

PRESENT

"Come on! You have to finish what you have started!" My husband whines. 

"Noooo. I'm tireb anb I bunt to go to beb." I gurgle through my tooth paste filled mouth. We had gotten back from our evening in the park and I had taken our sleepy little Eric and put him to bed. I rinse my mouth and turn around to see the love of my life observing me.

"What?" I ask self consciously. "You're just cute." He says walking over to me and placing his hands on my waist, making me giggle like a little school girl. 

He softly places a small kiss on my lips and nuzzles his nose against my cheek affectionately. 

"I love you." I breathe. It's true. I love every part of him. I love everything about him. The good and the bad. Nothing can compare to the love that I have for this man. 

"I love you too." he mumbles while placing tender kisses up the side of my jaw. "That's why you should continue the story." He says evilly pulling away from me. 

"Way to ruin the moment!" I fake irritation with a smile while shoving his shoulder. 

"Just a little more. Please. You got to the good part and then just left me hanging!" He pleads.

"You lived through it!! You should know how it goes!!" I argue. 

"But I love hearing it being told again be my beautiful wife. You're sexy voice just draws me in-"

"Wow. That was lame. Plus, I said I would tell how we met, not all the way up till we got married and stuff!!" 

"But there is so much more to tell. You can't just leave it there. Just go on!" He urges me, while lying down on the bed on his back.

"What do you want me to do, write a book or something?!" I ask in disbelief. He wants me to tell him a huge crazy long story, about stuff that he already knows, not to mention lived through!

"That would be awesome! I'd read it all the time." he says ornerily. Of course he would say that. 

 "Fine. Just a little bit. But then you have to let me go to sleep. Eric was up at 4:30 this morning for God knows what!" I say joining him on the other side of the bed, lying on my back next to him.

"Okay babe, short, got it." He says rolling over on his side towards me and kissing me on the cheek before getting quiet, begging me to continue. 

I sigh. I'm never gonna get to sleep.