Present

PRESENT

"What are you thinking about?" My husband asks me from the driver's seat while on our way back home from the park. I hear the faint snores of our son in the back seat.

"Us." I reply simply still looking out the window. The lights of the town in the distance make it look like a sea of stars are just over the hill. 

"What about us?" he whispers while tracing his hand up and down my leg. "About how we met. How we came to be 'us'." I turn to him and smile. He leans over the console and quickly but tenderly kisses me on the cheek.

"That just so happens to be my favorite story." He says flashing his signature smirk and I can't help but giggle like a little school girl. He's so beautiful. It gets me everytime. 

"That's funny, because it just so happens to be my favorite story too." I say grabbing his hand , placing my small one in his large one. 

"Tell it to me." He says simply.

"What?" I inquire. Looking at him like he is crazy. 

"Tell it to me. Tell me the story. Our story."  He repeats stroking my hand with his thumb while still  driving down the road carefully.

"It's such a long story..." I say not really in the mood to tell a story he already knows. 

"Come on, just start it. Pwease?" He adds mimicing our son by also giving me puppy dog eyes. And damn is he good at it.

I sigh. "Fine."