Chapter 1

"Mia!"

I heard someone call my name, the person was banging on my door. I didn't bother raising my head knowing full well that it was my younger brother. I lifted my blanket to cover my head hoping on falling back to sleep.

"Mia, Aren't you going to work?" He called out again.

I raised my head frowning and confused at what the noise was for. Forcing my eyes to open, I turned to my nightstand trying to check my alarm.
7:20

My heart stopped."Holy shit! "
I cursed, rushing out of bed, one second I thought of tucking in my bedsheet but in the next second, I thought against it. I silently cursed myself for sleeping too deep to miss the alarm which was always set to ring once it was 6:30. I could hear my brother saying he prepared breakfast but I didn't care.

"I'm fucking late! " I said rushing to the bathroom to get a quick shower, well, it would have been a quick shower if I didn't spend more than four minutes brushing my teeth.

After showing, I matched to the wardrobe, picking a pair of black skirts matched with a long-sleeve shirt and a blazer. I quickly slip into them, before moving to my shoe cabinet, I picked a pair of black heels, wearing them in haste, then a wristwatch and phone which was on top of my nightstand. Putting everything inside my bag, I checked the alarm. 7:50.I stormed out of my room, to the sitting room. My brother was already prepared for school as he was putting his stuff which was laying on the table inside his bag. I sighed in frustration.

"Come here, " I said, moving closer to him to fix his shirt, he fixed his eyes making me to wondered what was going through his head.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your sleep, It was getting late, and your door was locked, so I could only hit the door." He apologized.

I wasn't angry. I only wished he'd hit the door early."It's okay, thanks for waking me," I said, finishing up his dressing.

"Come back immediately after you are done with school, no staying out late. You better don't get me worried, and take as much food. " I pointed to the food lying on the table and he frowned.

"Aren't you going to eat? I prepared those, "

"No time Josh, I'm already late. I can't be on my boss's blacklist." I hurried to say, taking out a few notes from my Purse and handed it to him.

"Take care of yourself." I said before rushing out of the apartment, not bothered about what he'd to say. He probably was  complaining about the food and telling me to take care of myself, but nor of that mattered to me, as I rushed to the bus stop, hoping I didn't miss the bus.

I sighed as I entered the bus, glad I was able to make it. The bus was filled with people, deep down I wondered why people were so late on a Monday morning.

I prayed silently to all the heavens, hoping my boss won't take offense to my coming late, he was always punctual. Not having anything to do, I took out my phone, going through my social media. I smiled a little seeing my best friend's cute selfie, and the next post is about my boss, captured In front of an Art Gallery. I scoffed at the commenters praising him for his hotness.

I scrolled up, not bothered about it. My boss is indeed a handsome man, and a lot of girls would do anything to get under him. A lot of girls except me.

Don't get me wrong, I find him attractive, hot, and handsome. But that's all. I wasn't into him. He was just a boss who I started working with one week ago. This was my second week of working at J&k company. One of the best companies in the country, and my boss name is Ethan Trevor, a man who is rumored to be cold.

I snapped out of my thought as I feel the bus stop. Getting a few coins from my bag, I dropped them at the machine before stepping out of the bus.

I ran to the company, not wanting to be any more later than I am already. Thankfully the company wasn't so far from the bus stop. If I'm fast enough, I'll be able to get there in five minutes.

Getting to the company, I tried to calm my breathing as I swiped my card on the door. I entered the company, earning stares from the workers. I won't blame them anyway. Who comes to work at 8:15. Not concerned about their questioning stares, I ran to the elevator. Tapping on the top floor button. I waited patiently as the elevator moved.

I quickly checked myself in my little mirror as I waited for the elevator. After some minutes, the elevator came to a stop. I got out, walking quickly, and trying to compose myself. I could feel the employees staring at me. But that wasn't my concern right now.

I walked up to my desk, which is a little opposite my boss office. Sitting down on my chair, I tried checking if my boss was around. But his door and window were locked. I breathed in a sigh of relief, thinking that he wasn't around. But then I heard something beep. looking at the little device on the table, my hope was crushed.

"Hello boss, Do you need anything?" I asked. Praying he hasn't noticed my lateness.

"Yes. Come into my office." The line got disconnected, and I stood up. Adjusting my clothes before making my way to his office. Entering inside, I moved to stand in front of him. His head was down on the document that he was signing, his glasses on his nose bridge. Even with his head low, any human could tell that he was handsome.

"Boss you called for me," I said. Hoping I wasn't in trouble already. I couldn't lose this job.

After two minutes of silence, he closed the document that he was working on and handed it to me.

"Give it to marketing boards, " He said. I took the document from him, bowing a little. Happy that he didn't notice I came late, I turned to leave. But his next word got me stuck.

"You are twenty minutes late. Should I deduct your monthly payment or I should fire you? "

I sighed, knowing that it was over. I was hoping, I'll be able to get away from this. I turned to him, staring into his eyes. What should I say?