Chapter 8: One Step at a Time

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Secret Technique: Crimson Lotus Exploding Flame Blade!" Natsu hit the mage at full power, knocking him back several yards and into the side of a mountain.

The two mages watched, waiting to see if the fight was over. It took a few minutes, but the other mage eventually got up.

"What's the matter Jan? Looks like you're having trouble…" Another voice said.

"They're both pretty powerful. You take the female. I'll take the pink-haired guy."

As the Iron Make mage turned his attention back to Natsu, Mira squared off against the newcomer, a tall man with jet black hair that came down to his waist.

"You think you can take me by yourself?" Mira said, smirking.

"Of course. You're a demon," the man replied. "And who better to defeat a demon than an angel… Angel soul: Raphael!"

"Shit." Mira instantly transformed to Sitri as the man's appearance changed. His hair became flowing and golden, his eyes a bright red. His clothes armor of pure white with golden trim, and he held a sword of fire in his hand.

In a flash he was on her, and she was barely able to dodge the holy explosion created by his blade. She quickly retaliated with a blast of dark energy, which the mage easily dodged. He pointed his sword at her, and she was surrounded by light.

She quickly got a shield of dark energy up around her, which absorbed most of the blast. She still took some damage. This guy's got some serious power. She moved as fast as she could, coming up behind her opponent. She put as much as she could into a blast of dark power at point-blank range.

When the explosion cleared, there was a crater the size of a small city in the ground, and mountains around them were crumbling. Her opponent was still standing at the center, looking a bit bruised.

"So this is the power of a demon prince?" The mage held up his sword at the ready. "I'm disappointed…"

Before Mirajane could react, his sword hit her, enveloping her body in a holy blast before she could fully put up her defenses. She cried out with pain as her body was thrown backwards, but the mage didn't let up. He came on again, his sword arcing in a dozen attacks in the blink of an eye. Mira tried to block all of them, but he was too fast. Several of the shots hit her, causing a lot of damage. She was blown back several yards, hitting the ground hard.

"And now you die!"

~Not far away~

Iron Make: Serpent Colossus!"

An iron serpent the size of a mountain rose up from the ground in an instant, striking hard and fast at the dragon slayer. Natsu jumped out of the way.

"Roar of the Fire Dragon King!" The serpent exploded into a shower of superheated iron. Natsu promptly gobbled up the large bits that came his way.

"Crimson Lotus: Exploding Flame Blade!" The other mage dodged the attack, erecting a huge iron shield to absorb some of the blast.

"Iron Make: Dragon!" An iron dragon sprang up out of the earth, high into the sky.

"Roar of the Fire Dragon!" The attack hit the mage with full force, knocking him back several feet.