"Ambulance 61, person down, Michigan and Upper West."

Nicole looks back to Matt, "And don't think we won't be talking about you dodging Dawson today."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Arriving to their call, Gabby jumps out of the rig, "Watching you and Kelly move in and out of that place is like watching a ping pong match."

Shay laughs, "I know, I just hope he understands it."

"He will," Nicole reassures her, "After he comes to Matt and I's house to complain first."

They see a man laying on a bench with a woman standing by him, "I tried to get him to come into the store but he wouldn't."

Nicole shakes him awake, "Oh, it's too cold for you to be out here, sweets. What's your name?"

"Mick."

"Mick, can you stand up? Think you can walk over to that ambulance," They help him walk over to the back of the rig.

Gabby takes his BP, "Whoa, 70 over 50. What are you on?" She gets a groan in response, "Okay, fine."

"It looks like you may be suffering from exposure so we're gonna get you to the hospital, alright?" Nicole tells him.

He shakes his head, trying to sit up but the three push or pull him back to laying down while Shay tells him, "It's nice and warm at the hospital, Mick. You'll like it. Lot's of pretty nurses."

"Prettier than you three?" He asks.

"Of course not," Nicole says.

Gabby looks to Shay, "Hey, don't worry about Severide, he'll totally understand why you need to move out."

Shay shakes her head, "I know. It's just...after all the drama, it just sucks. Having a lawyer make decisions about the living situations. Okay, Mick, just a little pinch."

As she pokes him, he jerks, causing Shay to move and end up sticking herself with the same needle. She pulls it out, to reveal her arm bleeding a little.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

They watch a team roll Mick away before one of the doctors closes the curtain to Shay's area, "Well, we'll keep trying to convince him to consent to a blood draw but we can't force him too and unless he does, we can only guess at what transmittable disease he's carrying."

Nicole looks at all the needles lined up, "Judging by this little cocktail you've got going on here, you're considering him a walking petri dish."

She nods, "Hep B's always a big risk. Also, Hep C. The interferon therapy should prevent against those but given the tracks on his arms and symptoms, I think we need to treat you as if you've been exposed to HIV."

Gabby and Nicole place a hand on Shay's back in support as she nods, "How soon can we test for HIV?"

"Not for three months after exposure. Here's the first one."

"Hey," Nicole whispers to her, "You're gonna be fine. Statistics are on your side."

Shay wipes tears away, "I mean, it's like Russian Roulette. Large bore needle, filled with this guy's blood. If he has the hiccups, I'm gonna catch them."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Back at the firehouse, Boden walks them back in, "You can finish the exposure paperwork later. Don't worry, Shay, you're getting the best care possible."

"Thanks, Chief," She nods.

Shay walks away as Nicole and Gabby walk into the common room where Kelly immediately questions, "What's wrong with her?"