Chapter One!!

Today was the day I was dreading out of all 365 days. Today was my first day of my senior year at Clark County High School. It's not that I was nervous, I have been going to school with the same group of people since the fourth grade. I simply just don't have the energy to deal with those people. The only person I could deal with is my best friend, Garret. Garret has been with me through thick and thin, unfortunately he didn't have the pleasure of meeting my mom before she died. If he had, I'm sure they would have absolutely adored each other.

Once I used every ounce of motivation I had to get up, I headed towards my bathroom to brush my teeth and attempt to fix the mess, that was my hair. I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair into a tight, high ponytail. I rushed towards my closet, trying not to trip on all of the clothes covering my floor, to find an outfit. After a couple minutes of throwing more clothes onto the pile that had already gathered on my floor, I decided on a simple army green shirt and a pair of black jeans.

"Shit", I whispered to myself as I checked the time on my phone. 7:43 AM.

I had missed the bus. I rushed downstairs, grabbing a granola bar from the kitchen. Taking notice of the fact my dad had already left for work, considering all of the lights in the house were off. I started my trek to school.

I walk into school, not bothering to stop at my locker since I already had everything I needed and never used my lock anyways. I pulled out my phone, typing a quick message to Garret about how I got to school later than expected and I would see him at lunch.

I walked into my first block, math, and sat in one of the few chairs that was left, in the second to last row. My teacher, Mr. Carter started taking attendance and as soon as he got to the end of the list. The wooden door of our classroom creaked open, two boys walking in. Easton Louis and Isaiah Woods.

"Late on the first day?" Mr. Carter questioned in a sarcastic tone. "I don't expect anything less. Have a seat guys." He added on with a small smile. The two scanned the class, eyes lingering on a few girls who will no doubt be added to their long to-DO list.

Easton's eyes stop when he sees the two empty seats near me. One beside me and one behind me. I internally groan, knowing Mr. Carter will likely make these the permanent seats for the rest of the year. Easton motions for Isaiah to follow him as he walks towards the two empty seats. I stare at the two boys, hoping that there will magically be two open seats anywhere else. Easton lifts his eyes and smirks at me when he catches me staring. I avert my eyes and sink down in my seat as the two boys take their seats.