Your quirk was very-plant based, to the point where using it for a long period of time gave you the need for sugar. It wasn't like you hated it though. Sweets were awesome and they happened to replenish your energy--literally. You grabbed a few candies from a nearby vending machine and started making your way to the exit, stopping in surprise at a the familiar figure standing at the main desk.

You were used to seeing Todoroki at clinics, especially after particularly difficult villain scenes in which you'd both worked in, but this was a psychiatric ward. What business did he have here? You wanted to know more but stopped that train of thoughts. You promised him you wouldn't snoop into his personal life. A realization clicked in your mind.

Oh, wait. I already did.

Now you had an idea of who he was here for. A part of you wanted to go in there and give him some encouraging words but it didn't seem like the right thing to do. The best thing for you was to sneak past him and-

"(Last Name). What are you here for?"

Your hopes of being stealthy were gone. Todoroki looked down at you with a blank expression. He didn't look shocked to see you; again, encounters at clinics weren't too rare, so you weren't sure why he was asking what you were doing at one when he'd seen you do this so many times.

"Same thing as always", you smiled at him. Your intentions of becoming friends were still there and your vague answer a silent way of questioning why he was bringing your activities up.

"I see", he nodded. Of course he wouldn't actually answer. His eyes stayed on you as you tried to come up with a way to respond. What do you even say after an 'I see'? Thankfully, he acted on it.

"Are your methods effective?"

That was...an odd question. You completed the entire hero course with him so it was weird that he doubted your quirk's effectiveness. Not that you had a high ego, but there was a reason you ranked third at U.A, beating even a certain nasty blond whose quirk should've been a disadvantage for you.

"They are...?why...?", you asked uneasily.

"I'd like to see whether it helps my mother."

Oh. That was actually pretty sweet of him. Then again, Midoriya had told you that Todoroki was a caring person underneath his apathetic front. The good nature of his request was putting him in a good light for you.

"I'd love to help in any way I can", you smiled at him. You still wanted to thread lightly since this was a part of the past you didn't have the right to know about but Todoroki didn't look to concerned about that. He nodded as silently led you a part of the ward you hadn't gone to yet.

It was interesting you'd ended up coming to the ward that his mother was in. Almost a coincidence. You hoped he didn't think you were still snooping around but he probably knew about your tendency to visit hospitals. It reminded you.

"Oh, Todoroki!", you pulled out a couple of sweets from your pocket. You extended it over to him as you walked beside him,"Here. Sweets are the best way to get into someone's good side, right?"

Todoroki looked at the candies on your hand for a moment before taking them.

"I suppose."

You grinned. It wasn't a straight yes but it wasn't a no either. It felt like a small little victory but your smile vanished soon enough. Instead of eating them, he gently placed them into his pocket.

"You're not going to eat them?"

"I'm not a fan of candy. Still, it would be rude to turn them down, so I'll probably give them to my mother."