The End Or The Beginning

Kabir trudged through the bustling station, his soul weighed down by torment, his steps mechanical amidst the chaos. The vendors jostled him, the passengers muttered in annoyance, but Kabir moved on, lost in his own thoughts.

"Hey, watch where you're going, jerk!" A boy's voice snapped Kabir out of his daze, causing him to halt abruptly. Reality crashed back in, harsh and unforgiving. Dorita was gone – a realization that hit Kabir like a ton of bricks. He had to make a choice: fight to win her back or accept that she was gone and move forward.

His stomach growled in protest, reminding him of his hunger. Hailing a cab, Kabir headed home, his mind still swirling with confusion and grief. As he entered his cluttered room, weariness washed over him. After preparing a simple meal and freshening up, Kabir found solace on the terrace, his favorite spot where he could let his thoughts roam free.

As he finished his meal, raindrops began to fall, gently at first, then with increasing intensity. Instinctively, Kabir sought shelter in the shed, but as the rain poured down in earnest, he surrendered to its embrace. Tears mingled with raindrops as he poured out his despair into the stormy night.

Suddenly, amidst the downpour, Kabir spotted a figure stumbling down the steps, drenched and disoriented. Without hesitation, he rushed to her aid, reaching out to guide her. But as their hands met, the girl recoiled, revealing her blindness.

Undeterred, Kabir took her hand firmly and offered his help. Together, they navigated the rain-soaked streets, Kabir providing commentary on their surroundings while the girl directed their path.

Finally, they arrived at a dark, narrow alley, where the girl's home stood. With a grateful nod, she thanked Kabir for his assistance, inviting him to wait until the lights returned or to rest on the porch. Kabir hesitated, torn between the darkness of the night and the warmth of human connection.

In a moment of vulnerability, Kabir confessed his struggle with the darkness, both literal and metaphorical. The girl's response – "The world is dark" – struck a chord within him, reminding him of his own judgments and biases.

With a heavy heart, Kabir bid the girl farewell, her light brown eyes lingering in his mind long after he had left. As he retreated into his world of loneliness, those eyes remained, a beacon of hope amidst the darkness that threatened to consume him. Kabir couldn't shake the feeling that he had encountered something extraordinary, something that had the power to change his life forever.