Natural?

Tom, about to speak, then felt his almost non-existent heart suddenly pound inside of him. Something he hasn't felt in what felt like ages.

His hand gripped his chest to where his heart was, feeling the slow pace of the beat quicken. The vibration of the hard two beats almost scared Tom into thinking that something was happening to him. Something bad.

His expression must've looked like he was in pain as he saw Y/n at the corner of his eyes raise her eyebrows in confusion.

"Tom? Are you okay?"

The words rolled off her tongue slowly like it was afraid to come out. That only angered Tom once more, as the grip on his chest tightened. His heart pounded two more times after her words which he almost felt like he could scream in agony.

What is this?

What is this monstrous feeling?

It was different than the other ones he had been feeling, more prominent that he was afraid that the girl could hear his own heart. It didn't help that her being was right in front of him, giving him a view of her.

Thump, thump.

Tom fell to the ground in pain, a painful grunt leaving his mouth as his hand uselessly clutched his chest. He was on his knees with his head dropped so his expression would become invisible.

The pain was unbearable to withstand, and he more so blamed it on the body. Curse this body. This easy manipulated body.

Why was his heart failing him?

Why was it responding to her?

His eyes widened.

It couldn't be.

"Tom! What the fuck is wrong with you?" Y/n's finger snapped which Tom immediately shook off his thoughts.

He looked upon the state he was in. Seeing himself on his knees, his hand tightly gripping on his loose clothes pathetically was something he dreaded to see.

His eyes flickered at the standing girl who seemed to be confused, but that was enough for the young boy to snap.

"Get out."

He was incapable of feeling love, and being affected by a useless love potion. Ever since his tragic birth, he thought of it as a blessing. A blessing to not be blinded by a such fool emotion.

Y/n look taken back, recalling his words inside her head. She was about to respond, but the words left her speechless.

Tom gritted his teeth, his dark hair covering parts of his eyes.

He couldn't let this feeling get the best of him, or else where will it lead him? What was more humiliating then where he currently is right now? Looking like a vulnerable being?

He didn't want to know.

".. What?" Y/n dumbly questioned.

Tom abruptly stood up, ignoring the signs in his human body and towered over the girl who was the cause of his stress.

"Didn't your thick head hear me the first time? I said leave before I do something I won't regret." His voice thundered over her question, making Y/n flinched at the deadly stare he was giving her.

She was confused at his sudden outburst but that immediately went away when she saw his expression. His familiar expression.

It reminded her of her father that usually held the expression when he was mad.

It gave her chills that she didn't once look back when she left him inside the chambers, alone with the forgotten, unconscious boy.

Once her presence was away, the systems inside of him started to calm down which he was mad for. He was mad that it took just her mere presence to change the way he was feeling.

"Tom Riddle.." A raspy voice whispered, perking Tom's attention.

His eyes snapped downwards to the unconscious boy. Beside him, he eyed the laying diary that held his life.

"Your power withers away from you, and so will you."

The boy glared furiously at the diary, his aura darkening with a murder intent yet the diary still mocks him.

"The girl will soon hold what you have, and you have no choice but to surrender. Surrender yourself."

"That's some big words for a dumb diary. Say, is the voice speaking one of the wizards I killed?" He inquired, coming closer to the diary.

The diary said no more as pure silence filled the air of the chamber, making Tom smirk.

He looked up at the dark, wet ceiling that seemed to drip infinite water to the ground.

Perhaps the girl did affect him.

More than he thought.

He dismissed the thought of the cheesy word, love , to be the cause of it though. I mean even the word of it made Tom disgusted.

He placed his hand on his chest once more, feeling the calm beating of his heart. The heart he lived with for many years.

He imagined the way it pounded on his chest when the girl stood in front of him. The difference between  then and now certainly spook Tom since he never dealt with something like it before.

His lips twitched into a small, genuine smile with all he could muster.

Even if he hated the way she made him feel, he couldn't help but feel excited. Excited for what this girl could do to him.

He never realized it, but he slowly felt himself becoming more intrigued.

Perhaps he'd think about killing her last amongst the students of Hogwarts. It was the most kindest gift the boy had to offer to anyone.

—-