Richard was putting something away in the cupboard, I didn't catch sight of it but I knew that it was something black in color. Ignoring the object, I focused on my husband.

'Where were you?' I approached him calmly, putting away my worn clothes in the laundry basket.

'My boss called and he wanted me to make a few errands.' He took the TV remote and turned on the TV.

'You could've told him that you're on vacation Richard. The kids miss you a lot.' I sat on the bed, my hands on my lap.

'I know dear, I know and I'm sorry. I really want to be there for you guys but it's work and I need to be there as well.' He sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulders and squeezed.

I leaned my head on his chest and sighed. 'Then come with us tomorrow to the mall.'

He sighed and let go of me. 'I want to go but I have an important meeting tomorrow.'

In a quiet voice, I muttered. 'As always.' And rolled my eyes.

He didn't hear me mutter the words and made his way into our kid's room. I heard them shout 'DAD!' happily.

'Come here kids!' I walked over to them and he was on his knees, arms spread out. The children came over to him and hugged him tightly.

'Aw, I missed you guys so much.' He said hugging both of them, earning a huge smile from me.

'We missed you too dad!' they said in unison.

they let go of each other and faced their father. 'Dad, will you be able to come tomorrow to the mall with us?' Michael asked.

Richard looked down and their smiles washed away from their faces once again.

'I'm sorry children, I really want to go but I have an important meeting tomorrow that I must attend.'

'But dad-

'But don't worry, I'll join you guys the other day. On our last day in Vegas.'

Their smiles returned followed by happy cheers.

'Now tell me about your day.' With that, they all went and sat down on the bed. Each of them told me how their day went like and what we did. I stood there leaning on the doorframe smiling at my little family.

|10:15 pm

I woke up to loud whispers coming from the balcony. With Richard missing from the bed and the figure looking like him, I guessed that it was him.

Earlier today, after the interaction with the children. Me and Richard had discussed on what to do on the last day and other stuff. I also told him about the murder case that happened in Ohio and he too was surprised.

I got out of bed and slowly made my way to him. The cold night breeze hit my skin and sent shivers down my spine. What is he doing out here at this time of the night?

'No, its fine. It's already been decided for tomorrow.' He said whisper shouting.

'Richard?'

He spun his head around, worry plastered on his face. 'I'll call you later john.' With that, he hung up the phone.

'What are you doing here?' he said quickly coming over to me and covering me with his jacket.

'I just thought it was you and came out to check. He led me back into the room holding me by the shoulders.

'Sorry, I was talking to john about tomorrow's meeting.' He closed the balcony door behind us and put his phone on the side table.

I nodded my head at him and got into bed again just before removing the jacket and placing it on the chair near the bed.

'Tomorrow, come back to the hotel around 8-ish. There's a new famous movie airing there, you guys should go see it!' He said getting into bed and pulling the duvet over him.

'Oh, what movie? The kids will love it!' I said grinning.

'I think it was cloudy with a chance of meatballs or was it the Incredibles?' he paused for a moment. 'I think it was the Incredibles. Michael wanted to watch that movie, right?'

'Yeah, he wouldn't stop talking about it. He would be so happy about this. Thanks, honey.'

'Anything for my babies.' He smiled and kissed my head before uttering a goodnight.