Chapter 1

Vanessa's POV

'Dad, please don't do it!'

And that's when we all heard the loud splash of water. My husband; Richard threw our Audrey in to the hotel pool. during summer break we all decided to go on a family vacation after Richard and I got our salaries and the location?

LAS VEGAS!

Surely, it's expensive but I and Richard added both of our salaries up and took the kids to Las Vegas. This has always been a dream of mine. Ever since I was little, I dreamt of having the perfect little family and that we all could go on a fun vacation. And this is a dream come true!

'And now it's Michael's turn!' Richard ran towards our son Michael who was enjoying reading his book. Michael placed the book on the table quickly as his father carried him and flunked him into the pool all while he was squirming around.

And then came another splash of water along with bursts of laughter. I laughed as well and I think that was my biggest mistake of the day.

'DAD, ITS MOM'S TURN!' Audrey piped up along with her brother yelling 'YEAH!'

Richard snapped his head towards me with a sinister smile on his face. I raised my hands yelling no at him. But I knew that he won't stop, walking in a funny way he made his way towards me. I got off the sunbed I was on and tried to make a run for it.

To my luck, I wasn't fast enough and, in a few moments, I was in his arms being carried. The kids were laughing at my efforts. And in I go into the pool!

The water was a little cold but nothing like anyone cannot handle. I swam back to the surface and Michael was about to get out of the pool.

'Michael, where are you going?' I asked hoping that he would stay.

'Oh, I was thinking of going back to reading. Is there something you need mom?'

'Reading can wait son,' everyone's head snapped to my husband's voice.

'Now let's have some family FUN!'

'Yeah, Michael come on!' Audrey chimed in.

'Fine, I'll stay.' Michael swam next to me and waited till his father came into the pool.

'Alright, now it's MY turn!' he pointed his thumbs towards him and jumped in.

|later that night

We were back in our hotel rooms; the kids at the other side of the suite, Richard and I at ours.

'Babe, are we going downstairs for dinner or should I order something?' I asked.

'don't worry honey, I'll go get something after I'm done with the shower.' He yelled from the bathroom. And I replied with an okay.

After the fun we had at the pool, we all were exhausted. Audrey and Michael wanted to sleep but I told them to stay awake till we had dinner.

I went over to their side of the suite and opened the door. Both of them were watching cloudy with a chance of meatballs on T. V smiling at what Flint Lockwood was doing.

'Dad's going to get dinner soon, okay?'

'Okay.' Both of them said in unison.

'Mom, can I have pizza rolls?' Michael said before I left the room. I looked over at