Chapter 1: Karl Motherfucking Jacobs.

Start from the beginning

I sighed as my mind argued with my heart.

I knew what I needed to do.

I quickly finished typing my acceptance email and signing my name before my movement slowed causing me to hesitate over the 'send' button.

I squeezed my eyes closed and whispered to myself, "Once in a lifetime..." as I clicked the mouse.

I heard a 'whoosh' and smiled softly to myself. All that's left to do is tell Brian...

I giggled manically to myself in the quiet of my room, fully allowing myself to relish in the pride I felt.

"I can't believe this is happening..."

~ time skip ~

. . .

Two months later...

. . .

I felt my blood begin to boil in annoyance as I heard his voice ring throughout the studio, "What's up boys? It's been a minute."

Even without seeing who the voice came from, I knew he had just walked through the doors. I couldn't fight my eyes rolling to the back of my skull, as I heard everyone's cheery greetings to him through the locked bathroom door.

At the crisp hour of 4:45 a.m., it was officially too damn early to have his shrill voice ringing through the air. I steadied myself with a deep breath before unlocking the door and stepping out into the main area of Studio 6.

Immediately, our eyes connected. I bit my lip, schooling my face into an unreadable emotion. Then, I gave him a courteous nod.

"Good job Hailey. Keep it professional"

I could practically hear Jimmy repeating the words in my head.

He nodded back. The only acknowledgment either of us could muster.

Karl Motherfucking Jacobs.

I felt like I couldn't escape him.

Since beginning to work for Jimmy and Mr.Beast Co., Karl and I have had some rather... tension-filled interactions. Let's just say, we didn't get off on the best foot.

Anyway, for the past two months, my life has changed drastically, I've been thrust into the limelight all the while trying to remain focused on my ice skating career and survive my senior year.

Unfortunately, it was remaining difficult to stay undistracted...

"Hails, you ready for today's shoot?" My attention was pulled from my inner monologue and directed towards Kris, as she began helping prepare the equipment for the day ahead.

"Yeah," I blinked, refocusing my attention, "Sorry, I'm just nervous about this one..." I trailed off, as I began walking towards the wall of monitors that stood awaiting my direction.

"I think we're all a little nervous for this one..." Kris trailed off, glancing back at the tens of people catching up behind us.

"Jimmy's officially lost it..." I muttered shaking my head, as I glanced in the direction of the twenty-year-old billionaire.

Kris laughed, "Yeah..., although something tells me he's had worse ideas"

I gave Kris a skeptical look.

"Okay, maybe this is his worst idea. But, I'm sure he'll have no problem topping this one soon enough!" Kris responded to my doubtful look with a cheery smile on her face.