He shakes his head, "Yeah, I'm good."

Otis carries Pouch, Nicole quickly taking her and presenting her to Kelly, "And this is Pouch. Best damn thing to happen to this house, after me of course."

Mouch jumps in, "Otis is transferring."

"What? Come on, it's not like I'm being rocketed into space. I'm going over to Morningside," Otis defends himself.

"Kelly," Boden gets his attention, "Your relief Lieutenant Eric Whaley."

He walks forward, shaking Eric's hand, "It's been a while."

"You two know each other?" Boden asks.

"Yeah, I was...." Kelly trails off.

"Engaged to Eric's sister," Nicole finishes, "The first Renee."

Eric turns to Kelly, "There was a second one?"

Nicole glares at Eric, "Keep your opinions to yourself, Whaley."

Boden decides to intervene as Matt pulls Nicole back to him, "Well, now that you're back. Whaley will move over to Engine and relieve Jeff Turner for the next few shifts. Okay, listen up everyone. Some of you may know Gabby's brother, Detective Antonio Dawson," He joins the group, looking a little worse for wear, "He has some information from the CPD force."

"Thanks, Chief. Last few weeks have seen a spike in fatal overdoses. ME's office has connected at least dozen deaths to a toxin batch of heroin. Now be aware, it's laced with fentanyl and in most cases, does not respond to normal protocol. We are now approaching each overdose as a potential homicide."

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambulance 61, structure fire."

Antonio warns Gabby about staying off the case as they climb into the rig.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

For most of the time at the scene, the paramedic trio stayed back, allowing the others to do a search of the building and only move forward when Squad comes out with a victim. 

They wheel the stretcher up to the sidewalk, "Move him all the way back."

Easily, they slide the man into the rig to do a better examination. Herrmann comes to the back of the rig, "Hey, it's not as bad as it looks, old timer. The kitchen ceiling's gonna need some patching up but otherwise it's not as bad as it looks."

"It's a sign to finally get my ass to Florida. Wanna buy a bar?" He asks, causing them to laugh before Herrmann closes the back doors.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole heads out to the apparatus floor to check off on Shay and Gabby's work in the rig when she sees Matt, Mills and Nancy talking, "Nancy? Hey, what are you doing here?"

Nancy hugs her, "I just wanted to see where you two worked. It's nice."

"Yeah, we're very proud of it," Nicole smiles, walking back into Matt's arms, "And wait until you hear all about your son as a Lieutenant. He's one of CFD's best."

"Stop it," Matt shushes her.

"No, really, Lieutenant Casey's the best. I couldn't ask for a better leader," Mills adds, eating a cookie.

Nicole takes a cookie, "These are delicious!"

Nancy smiles at her, "I'm glad you think so. I'll have to have a plate waiting for you when you get off-"

"Ambulance 61, person in distress.."

Nicole gives Matt the cookie, "That's me. It was nice to see you here Nancy."