I'll Be Home For Christmas

Start from the beginning

"That's a lot of marshmallows, Killua," (Y/N) says as she pours some cocoa into her mug.

Gon fills his mug with eggnog. Killua pulls his eyebrows down and wrinkles his nose. "How can anyone drink that stuff?"

"Aunt Mito used to make homemade eggnog during the holidays." Gon takes a sip and winces. "I don't remember it being this strong though."

Killua's eyes turn toward the hot pot. "When is Kurapika supposed to be here? I'm ready to eat."

(Y/N) checks the time. She lets out a sigh as she thinks about Kurapika. "He said he'll be here. Just give him a little more time."

Killua places his hand over his abdomen to control the growling. He glances at the huge display of Ferrero Rocher candies on the counter. He reaches over and grabs one while Leorio walks back to the kitchen to refill his glass with eggnog.

"Hey...keep your hands out of there. Those are for Kurapika," Leorio says.
"Well...he's not here, is he?" Killua asks as he pops one into his mouth.
"I'm watching you," says Leorio, glaring at Killua.

Gon gulps down the rest of his eggnog. He walks back to the living room, tripping over nothing.

Killua notices his friend on the floor. He places his hands on his hips. "Why did you just fall down?"

Gon attempts to stand up. "I don't know...but...why is the room spinning?"

A sweat drop forms on Leorio's forehead. "Hey, which pitcher did you pour your eggnog from?"

Gon points to the pitcher in front of Leorio. "That one right there."

"Dammit, Gon...that one has alcohol in it!" Leorio shouts.

Gon scratches the back of his head. "Oh...no wonder it tasted awful."

Killua extends his arm for Gon. "You idiot. Why did you keep drinking it if it tasted weird?"

Gon takes Killua's hand and stands up. "I guess I didn't want to hurt Leorio's feelings." He stumbles back to the couch.

Leorio scrambles around the kitchen. "Gon, when did you last eat?"

Gon looks at the ceiling. "Ummm...I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast."

Leorio glances at the clock. "It's seven o'clock! You need food in your stomach in order to absorb some of the alcohol."

Killua jumps in the air with his fist up. "Alright! Finally, time to eat."

The four of them gather around the dining room table. "Thank you for the food," they all say in unison.

(Y/N) allows the boys to fill their bowls first. She stares at the front door, lips curved downward.

Gon notices the gloom expression on her face. He passes his bowl to her. Some of the broth spills on her lap.

She stands up, wincing from the burning pain. Gon immediately finds a napkin to help her clean the spill.

"I'm so sorry...here...let me help you," Gon says, slurring his words.