Midoriya took it as a sign to leave. He pat her shoulder on the way past and made a short journey over to where Todoroki was stomping out their fire ready to head off again.

(Y/n) finally moved her hands from her face when she felt something brushing against her knuckles. Kirishima knelt before her, holding a rag out to her face.

"Looks like you could use this." He grinned as he rested his arms on his knees.

"Thanks." (Y/n) mumbled back in response, using the edge of the cloth to dab her nostril - pulling it back every so often to check how much blood was on it.

"Can you stand?" Kirishima held out his hand for her to take. She did so gratefully, wobbling as she pulled herself to her feet, "Need some water?"

(Y/n) nodded giving him a warm smile, "I would die for a drink right now."

The dragon boy plodded off and wandered back not a moment later with one of the waterskins.

"Izuku pushing you too hard?" It wasn't much of a question, more of an observation.

"I know he's doing it to help me, it's just... hard, I guess." (Y/n) rubbed her face, leaning her shoulder against his, "I just don't get what I'm doing wrong." She threw her hands out dramatically, motioning towards the wilted flower. "If I can't even do the small shit on command, how am I going to learn the rest?"

"But you've done it before, haven't you?" Kirishima questioned, nibbling at his lower lip in confusion, "Can't you just do that again?"

"Thing is, I'm not sure how exactly I did it." (Y/n) watched a pair of birds fly overhead, fluttering around each other lovingly, "They were all just kind of spur of the moment things."

"Maybe it's the adrenaline?"

"Or the danger." (Y/n) pinched the bridge of her nose, "I don't know Eijirou. I wish I was just a mage or even a wizard. Their way of learning is all textbook shit. Pick up a magical item or read a book and that's it, you can grow a field of flowers or destroy an army of thousands, but this... it's just so bland. All I get is a picture, a word and a language that I can't even read. Or that anyone can read for that matter. It's horseshit." She wrapped hand hands around the back of her neck and huffed loudly into the warm air.

Kirishima nudged her shoulder, "You'll get there, it's just a case of trial and error, right? Mostly error from the looks of it." He joked but looked away awkwardly when (Y/n) shot him an unimpressed look, "Look, you'll get there, maybe it's just not about the words on the paper."

With that, he plodded off to grab his personal items, leaving (Y/n) to ponder his words.

Shaking her head after a moment, (Y/n) followed suit, grabbing her satchel and shoving her grimoire inside. It clattered against the few other things that were in there but she was too tired to care. She swiped the remainder of the blood away on her sleeve and started walking into the woods just as everyone finished gathering their stuff.

Honestly, she couldn't wait for Kirishima to be able to fly again, though his magical aura would be strong they would still get to their destination quicker. The sooner they got to Asmia, the better. No use in hiding from the League now, they were probably already right on their heels.

"You okay?" Bakugou's gruff voice mumbled from behind her. She hadn't realised he had already caught up with her. His voice still made her jump now and again, in a way it still didn't feel real - like he was still back in Asmia where she had left him, wading in the shallows as he watched her leave.

"(Y/n)?" Once again his voice startled her, making her realise she was stuck in deep thought once again.

"I'm okay, Bakugou."