𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 -love, panic-

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to take Wilma with me," He then started, very carefully, articulating every word.
Alfred raised an eyebrow, straightening his posture, suddenly this was all far more interesting, or appaling, judging by his expression.

"What?" he asked, his voice louder than before, significantly so.

"She asked me too, and i'm not sure my salary would be enough anyway-"
"That is nonsense!" Alfred exclaimed, without even letting him finish. 

"Alfred!" Trudy exclaimed, with an audible gasp.

Frieda buried her face in her hands.

"What's going on?" Manfred asked with wide eyes.

Gisela was about to start but Heidi stopped her.

"No now." She ordered. Wilma stood up from her chair in fury. Her eyes glistened with tears, but she was stubborn enough to keep them in, just like her mother.

"You can't keep me here forever!"

"But until you get a husband we can." Alfred said, taking a sip out of his glass.

"How do you expect me to even meet someone if you keep me here! I know every single person who lives here, and I have sinceI was born!" She exclaimed, clenching her fists in frustration.

"Hans Hermann is a nice boy-"

Wilma let out a disbelieving sigh.

"I know Hans is, but I do not intend to marry him-" She almost chuckled, Heidi knew that just the idea of it felt absurd to Wilma.

"Who said that you have a choice in the matter?" Alfred spat standing up as well, slamming his fists on the table.

"All right, that's quite enough!" Trudy yelled, Heidi almost prayed she would bring out the wooden spoon and hit Alfred with it, but she didn't.

"Both of you! Sit down!" She demanded, and they both forced themselves to do so, staring at each other with killing eyes. All of Wilma's tears had vanished, now only anger remained.

Heidi's eyes fell upon her younger siblings, almost tearing up as she noticed Gisela had taken Manfred's hand.

The young red haired boy looked terrified and Gisela revealed nothing of her feelings, her face was blank.

Suddenly, Heidi's attention shifted back to her older sister as the conversation resumed.

"I will marry." She stated. "Just- just not now, and especially with someone i do not-"
She stopped. Why was unclear to everyone, even myself, but she took a deep breath, picking her bowl and cutlery up.

"Thank you for the food, mama" She said, sincerely. "If you'll excuse me."  She went upstairs, wiping hot tears off her cheeks.

The table was quiet, Walter was about to follow her up but Heidi stopped him.

"Leave her be."

He nodded, Heidi almost smiled, since when had people started listening to her?

I gave her another view on it, whispering it into her ear.

When did you start asking things of others?

The silence in the kitchen after that became deathening, not even the flies dared to make their presence known.

Heidi looked at her mother, her father, Gisela, manfred, Frieda, they had things to say, but they didn't, not a word was spoken.

"It's bedtime." Trudy said, and as if on cue everyone got up and rinsed their bowls, before dropping in the sink and going upstairs.