Paternal instincts

Hawks pov:
It had been a couple of days and the kid was staying at my place, i found out a lot about her such as - she was 5, her name was Y/N, she was shy and very inteligent and that, sadly, she did not trust me fully yet.
I found that out the hard way.
I had woken up on the 3rd day of her being there and i had went to wake her up, instead she woke me up even more than i already was with a kick from her foot and a wing slap across my face. I have learnt my lesson. Never again will i make the mistake of waking up a tired female. Anyway i am washing the dishes from breakfast when i hear glass shatter and a scream. No idea what came over me or why i did it, but i pulled out one of my swords, threw it and it pinned a guy who had broken into the appartment to the wall. I didn't even look when i threw the weapon. I knew where the kid was. How? Dont ask, i don't know either.

Your pov:
Hawks had just threw a sword and pinned a guy to the wall. Dang. You run towards your gaurdian and hide behind his leg, between his wing, and cling on for dear life. You hear a small chuckle from hawks and look up at him, only to meet his gaze as he looked at you using him as a human shield. "Thanks kid, nice to know if i was ever going to die you would rush to my aid" he commented sarcasticly and gave a cheeky grin that you could not help but copy.

{Time skip-police come and take the man}

Your pov:
You snuggle into hawk's chest and hide your face in his jacket as you hear multiple reporters fire questions at him. Mainly about you. Asking if he would adopt, if you lived with him and if you have called him dad and the such. You get nervous, not liking lots of people crouding around you and trying to get you to talk. You hear hawks growl quietly "god, why cant these guys just leave her alone" as he holds you closer to him and takes off.

{Time skip-at home now 9:10}

Hawks pov:
"C'mon feather, please! I beg of you! go to sleep!" I begged. Picking up Y/N for the 3rd time tonight and bringing her to bed. "Ok. Now goodnight kiddo" i say as i walk out of her bedroom and into the living room downstairs. I hear noise coming from upstairs again so i send one of my wing feathers to check it out. When my feather gets there i find Y/N crawling out of bed and walking towards the door, luckily for me she could not reach the handle to let herself out. I walk upstairs and slowly open her door so that i dont accidentaly hit little Y/N. "What are you doing?" I ask, a bit annoyed now that i have had to put her to bed for the 4th time. "No" Y/N responds looking at me with pleading eyes. I ignore her request and pick her up, but this time i take her downstairs, sit at my desk and put her on my lap. I start my paperwork, first on the computer then moving the the written ones that i had printed out. "What ya doin?" Y/N asks and i ignore her again my only response being to hold her closer to my chest and stroke her hair as an attempt to get her to sleep. It works. After half an hour i look down to see her sleeping on my lap with a happy expression on her face. I chuckle "goodnight trouble maker" i say as i walk upstairs to put her to bed.