Oxford Dance

You guys astound me. I only have three chapters and I broke the top 200 of FF. Speechless!! Thank you!! 

Graham was always proud to support Caterina, but standing in a dark corner of an Oxford library while cameramen and scantily clad co-eds ran around dancing, was not how he thought his day was supposed to pan out. She had never done that for him.

As directors shouted cut Caterina walked over to him and kissed his cheek and chugged a small bit of water, “How did it look?”

He smiled brightly and could see his vision disappear, “Perfect. As always.”

“Aww. You are such a sweetheart.” She squeezed his arm and walked back in front of the camera.

He grabbed his phone to see what time it was and was shocked to see he had missed 26 text messages from the boys. Group chats always proved to be entertainment.

C: Mornin Everyone

N: Bugger Off Christian! It’s 1 in the afternoon.

E: Nick read my mind.

J: You know people just don’t understand your musings Christian

N: Musings? When did you start using such advanced words Jude?

J: When I started to read the dictionary last night.

E: You made it all the way to ‘m’?

J: Skipped a few of the less important letters.

C: And I get shit for sayin Mornin

N: Haha

E: Hahahaha

J: Why is Graham not weighing in on this?

J: Did he die?

J: Graham

H: Calm your tits. He is with Caterina today.

J: Oh…

N: Jealous much?

C: read my mind Nick

N: They’re in Oxford right? Filming something?

N: Yep

C: Yeah he mentioned it a few days ago.

C: Should we make you a calendar of his schedule?

J: Not bloody funny Christian!

E: I thought it was funny

N: As did I…

N: Kara agrees…it was funny.

Graham laughed as he began texting them back.

G: Wow boys. You know how to make a boy feel special. And yeah you were right I am in Oxford. I am in a lirbrary. I am surprised they let them film in here.

N: They probably paid an insane amount to allow it.

G: I feel weird. Like I should be revising or at least reading one of these ancient books.

That’s when the door swung open and he looked up to see a girl who looked like she had been running. She had long black hair that she had up in a ponytail, white skin as white as paper, and that’s when their eyes met. Hers went wide and he was able to see, even at a distance, the amazing ice blue that nearly froze him. He was about to smile but she ducked into one of the aisles and he began to look around.

He looked back at Caterina who was practicing her moves with the rest of the crew and he slowly took steps backwards. Making sure no one was paying attention he quickly made his way to the aisle she had walked into. He peeked around the corner to see her scan the books with a piece of paper in her hands. Her tiny elegant looking hands. She was an average height and he could not help but notice her slender but curvaceous body. He took a step to enter the aisle and cleared his throat.

She jumped to face him, clutching the paper to her chest. He chuckled but she did not look amused. He chose that time to finally say something, “You know this particular library is closed today?” She said nothing in response. He took a step closer and she quickly took a step back. He put his hands up. “I am not here to tell you to leave. I thought I could help you find what you are looking for a bit quicker. Before someone who does care that you are in here kicks you out.” She again just stood there, her ice eyes just staring at him. He scrunched his face confused, “Do you speak English?” He suddenly was trying to do sign language.

That caused her to smile and nod. “Yes.” she spoke softly.

“What was that?” he asked just making sure she would talk again.

“Yes. I speak English.” Her accent was not English.

“American?” he asked. She smiled and nodded. He took a step closer and this time she did not move, “Now what can I help you with?”

She smiled but shook her head, “Thanks but I am good.” She again turned to the books in front of her.

He stood there a bit baffled. Why wouldn’t she want his help? “I promise I can help.” He spoke as he walked up to her. That’s when he was able to smell a fruity and floral scent.

She looked over at him. “Boy band wonder can help me? Sorry if I find it hard to believe a boy wearing a Batman belt buckle can help me find an old book.”

Boy band wonder… so she knew he was. “So you know who I am?”

“Not really.” She continued walking down the aisle scanning every row, “But your face is kind of everywhere I look. With four other faces.”

“For a girl who could barley say two words a minute ago, you seem to be very chatty.” He put his hands in his pockets as he continued to follow her up the aisle.

“Maybe I am hoping if I answer your questions, you will some how disappear.” Her eyebrows raised and he was pleasantly surprised at her feistiness.

“Fine. I get it.” He took one more step closer and saw the letter in her clutches. All he could quickly see was ‘find the universal truth’. He knew that was a quote. Well a differently worded quote. Oh.. Jane Austen. He was in an adaptation of it in school.

Time to impress this girl. “ ‘It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of good fortune must be in want of a wife.’"

She stopped dead in her tracks. Yes. “Excuse me?” she asked. Her face spoke of pricelessness.

“Jane Austen. The universal truth.” He pointed to her paper. She pulled it further away from him. “ You know she studied here when she was young?"

“I know.” She hissed.

“Are you looking for one of her books? You are very far off in the S section.” He leaned forward.

“Graham!” he heard Caterina shout. If she saw this girl she would kick her out for sure.

“Stay here.” He pointed as he ran to Caterina. “Hey babe. What’s up?”

“Why were you over there?” She nudged.

“Oh no reason. They boys called and I didn’t want to disturb anyone.” He rubbed his freshly buzzed head.

“Oh ok baby. We are almost about to wrap up for the day. Did you want to go out tonight?” she pulled him closer to her by pulling the hem of his shirt. She kissed him gently and then shoved her tongue in his mouth he backed away. He was never a fan of full on PDA. She frowned and looked at him with puppy dog eyes. 

“Sure. Where did you want to go?” 

TO READ MORE CHECK OUT THE LINK POSTED ON MY PROFILE. I AM HAPPY TO ANNOUCE THIS BOOK IS BEING PUBLISHED! DEC 25th, 2013 MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO ALL MY AMAZING FANS IS .99 BOOK PURCHASE ON AMAZON! 

Or Here: 

I secretly want to be a NYT best seller! help that out! Kindle version: http://amzn.to/1kwpGhQ  Paperback version: http://amzn.to/1kwpVcX