The Wolves of New Orleans Part Two

Start from the beginning

All that was left, was a shimmering blue residue on the claw and bite marks.

***************

"Klaus, your brother is insufferable. He is convinced our feisty is Hayley." The Doctor complained with a pout to the hybrid, his arms tightly wrapped around Celeste as he cuddled her. The brunette on his lap smiled, moving into the Time Lord's chest more comfortably.

"If you think he's bad, you should meet the others." Klaus sighed, running a hand through his hair as he looked at his brother. The original was still encased in what seemed like a floating bubble, Alfie's silver eyes focused as he keeps it in place. "What have you done to him exactly?"

"He was irritating me, so I encased him in a time bubble." Alfie stated in a matter-of-fact manner, looking at Klaus with a demeaning look. Celeste bit her lip, holding back giggles at the grumpy and jealous emotions she felt coming from the Time Lord. Unable to hold his quiet laughs back, the Doctor buried his face in Celeste's neck in hopes of muffling himself.

"Right. Is there a way I could borrow this trick? It's shut my brother up perfectly." Klaus grinned, looking over at Celeste with a pleading gaze.

"No Klaus, only Alfie can do it. He's one of a kind." The hybrid pouted, flopping down onto the sofa opposite the Doctor and Celeste. Alfie sat next to his fellow Time Lord, gently picking up Celeste's legs and putting them on his lap. A small happy noise leaves him at his bonded's compliment, Alfie's hand slowly tracing shapes on her legs.

"Moving on, the bodies, how many has there been?" The Doctor got down to business, lifting his head out of Celeste's neck as he looks at Klaus. He rests his chin on her shoulder, laying a soft kiss upon his bonded's skin as he does so. A soft smile falls over Klau's face as he observes the three, both Time Lord's seemed to gravitate around Celeste and require some sort of physical contact from her. There was also the obvious look of love in all three of their eyes, a small flare of envy rising in Klaus as he watched them. It was a type of love he knew he would never be able to experience.

"Fourteen in the past week. We thought it was just vampires, but these bodies had been mutilated by claw marks." A small sigh left Klaus's mouth, Celeste's eyes softening as she notices the purple marks under the hybrid's eyes. She didn't realise it had been so bad for her friend. "There's always been a blue residue left on the wounds as well. We tried to get it tested, but it just burned through whatever we used to collect it."

"We?"

"My sister and I. Rebekah. She found the first body not long after they were killed." Celeste hums in thought, the Time Lord's beside her thinking deeply as their minds raced with possible alien races that could be the cause.

"Can you take me to the bayou? The place with the werewolves you mentioned before?" Both Alfie and the Doctor look at Celeste, frowns on their faces at the thought of their bonded separating from them.

"Of course. Though I have to warn you, the werewolves don't really like me over there."

"Then you better be on your best behaviour."

"No. You're not going without one of us." The Doctor's voice was low, eyes trained on Celeste's as she turns to look at him. His arms were wrapped around her waist, both protective and possessive.

"You and Alfie need to investigate the residue. I'll be okay with Klaus and Elijah." Celeste's voice was soft as she looked into the Doctor's eyes, the Time Lord's hearts beating erratically. "I'll be okay, I promise."

"You better keep your promise darling." A small smile made its way onto Celeste's face, the Doctor breathing out a sigh.

"Why are you taking Elijah?" Alfie asked, his hand tightly gripping his bonded's. He would be lying if he said he wasn't annoyed at the fact Celeste was choosing to take the vampire over him or the Doctor.

"Can he hear us?"

At Alfie's shake of the head, Celeste gives a small apologetic look to Klaus for what she about to say. Klaus just shrugs, not too bothered. The hybrid was surprisingly loyal towards the human, strong platonic feelings in the original at how Celeste has never been repulsed by him or his actions. She had his trust; in return she would have his loyalty and support.

"He is obviously obsessed with thinking I'm Hayley, you can also see in his eyes that he feels a large amount of guilt. Therefore, it is obvious he would lay down his life for Hayley, well, me." A small frown marred the Doctor's face, the Time Lord knowing that Celeste was right but not quite liking manipulating and using the vampire like that. "He would be a good protector. It might also give me some time to convince him that I'm not the werewolf girl."

"Manipulating my brother into helping you?" Klaus chuckled, a smirk forming on his face. "Little star, I'm proud."

A smile bloomed on Celeste's face at the nickname, the woman not noticing the barely audible growls that came from her bonded's. Klaus stands up, not deterred by the glares he was receiving from the Time Lord's.

"Doctor, how easy is it to kill an Original Hybrid?" Alfie's tone was pleading, as he gave the Doctor puppy dog eyes.

"No Alfie." A small smile tugged at the Doctor's lips though, his tone amusing in their minds.

"I don't get to have any fun around here."