The Long Game

Its been a week since Celeste saw the Doctor, Rose and Alfie

Its been a week since Celeste saw the Doctor, Rose and Alfie. She was surprised at how much she missed them, though she tried not to read too much into it, a part of her a bit scared at getting attached to people so quickly.

Samuel was fully recovered from Van Statten's torture, although he still wanted to rip each individual organ from Statten's body. The demon often teased Celeste about how she missed the time travelling trio, finding amusement in his friends moping. 

"Samuel I will shove a pencil up your ass if you don't shut up about the golden trio" Celeste growled and then smiled to herself at the nickname they had decided on the trio. Albeit they did steal it from Harry Potter.

Flashes of Satellite Five ran through the girl's head and she groans slightly walking over to her closet while Samuel watches amused. She swaps her jeans for shorts as she remembers how warm it is on Satellite Five, not caring that Samuel was in the room and staring at the ceiling whilst she was changing.

"Satellite Five?" He guesses and Celeste gives a nod as she lies down next to him on her bed.

"It's too warm there" Celeste complains before rolling on her stomach to look at Samuel. "Though I do get to see the trio again."

"And the Doctor and Alfie" Samuel teases smirking at her as he nudges her in the ribs. "Want me to come with and be your sideman?"

"Oh, shush you moronic demon. No don't worry, someone needs to keep tabs on Margaret"

Celeste looks at her hands to find them brightly glowing.

"It looks so much like regeneration energy" Samuel muses quietly and Celeste nods, realising that she really did look like a Time Lady. "Don't kill anyone"

Celeste glares at him as she starts to get transported and all she gets is a cheeky grin in return, that makes her smile, despite the fact she doesn't want to give Samuel the satisfaction.

****

"Come on, Adam. Open your mind. Fantastic period of history. The human race at its most intelligent. Culture, art, politics. This era has got fine food, good manners."

Alfie looked around as the Doctor showed the station to Adam. In his opinion that boy was trouble, he didn't want somebody like that around his sister or in the TARDIS. He often surprised himself with how protective of the TARDIS was, and he has to keep reminding himself that he is human and the Doctor is an alien, eventually he'll have to leave.

Walking up to one of the terminals, Alfie frowned when he saw that one of the camera's moved to face his direction. He glared at it before going through the terminal's databanks, wondering if he could find out specifically where they were.

"Found anything?" The Doctor asks going up to Alfie while Rose and Adam explored, he was surprised to find the older Tyler not with them when he spotted him at the terminal. The Doctor observed that he was an extremely curious person and often noticed things that others wouldn't, he's certainly one of the rare humans that the Doctor doesn't find irritating.

"Satellite five, its a news station. A request to be promoted to move up to floor 500 can be filled out at whatever floor. Apparently everyone is gunning for that floor. 'The walls are made of gold, how exciting'" Alfie rolled his eyes, chuckling in amusement before continuing. "Bad Wolf corporation runs the place...those words, they follow us everywhere Doctor." Alfie frowned again, something he tended to do quite often. "Someone also seems quite interested in us." He inclined his head to the camera that was still focused on them.

"What's floor 500?" The Doctor asked narrowing his eyes at the camera, he had to admit that he was quite impressed with how much Alfie had found within a couple of minutes.

"I've hacked into the mainframe but there's nothing on it apart from the walls. Once someone goes up there they don't come back down."

The Doctor walks over to a pair of girls who were talking amongst themselves and he flashed them one of his ginormous smiles.

"Er this is going to sound daft but can you tell me about this place?"

****

Celeste groaned as she lent against the wall she was currently resting against. Forced teleportation always took it out of her. She frowned as a camera moved to point at her and she flipped her middle finger up at it, not caring for the fact there was a massive Jagrafess upstairs.

"Jagrafess...really?" She snorts at the camera, rolling her eyes. "Time to find the golden trio.... hmmmm quartet with Adam."

She walks off to the lifts, pressing the button for floor 139. The lift soon arriving and she spots Cathica with Alfie and the Doctor, when she enters floor 139.

"We are the news. We're the journalists. We write it, package it and sell it. Six hundred channels"

Celeste walks up behind the Doctor and Alfie as she smiles at Cathica.

"Can we have a demonstration? Up in management we like to make sure everything is running smoothly" Celeste says in a smart business woman tone of voice, she grins as the Doctor and Alfie jump in surprise at her voice. A blush appear on her face as both the males take in her outfit, okay maybe the shorts were a little too short.

"You're here! I...what..." Alfie splutters while the Doctor narrows his eyes, slightly suspicious at her sudden arrival.

Cathica looks between the three confused and Celeste lightly steps on Alfie's foot, making him yelp quietly.

"Sorry my colleague thought I would be having a day off but I decided to actually work today." She smiles at Cathica and the unsuspecting woman leads them to one of the newsrooms.

"How are you here?" The Doctor whispers to Celeste and she frowns lightly, debating on her answer.

"Not here Doctor" She whispers back as they enter the newsroom. "I'm having one of your questions about this place answered right now"

****

The Editor watched the girl through the cameras, interest written all over his face.

"Any idea what the energy readings we got from her mean?" He asked the people at the computers.

He got no response and looked up worriedly at the ceiling above his head.

"I promise sir we shall find out what her ability can do for us"

****

"But you've never been to another floor? Not even one floor down?" The Doctor asked Cathica after Suki had left for floor 500.

"You know something that we don't" Alfie nudged Celeste as the Doctor talked to Cathica. The Doctor tried not to listen in on their conversation but he couldn't help the flare of jealously he got, when the mystery girl was talking to Alfie and not him.

"I know a lot of things. A Jagrafess is an interesting creature don't you think?" Celeste mused, smiling to herself slightly.

"A Jagrafess?" The Doctor questioned, turning away from Cathica to face the mystery girl and Alfie.

"Yep. Now if you excuse me...." She tries to leave but the Doctor gently grabs her arm.

"Feisty wait." The Doctor says lowly, ignoring the weird looks from Cathica and a slightly jealous look from Alfie. "How did you get here and what else do you know?"

"Feisty?" She questions with a small smile on her face.

"The second we met you told me to shut up, that's pretty feisty to me. What's your name?"

Celeste leans over and moves her mouth to his ear, ignoring the warmth she feels from them being so close.

"Go upstairs to floor 500. You'll get answers there. I'll wait by the TARDIS to answer one question and one question only. Not what my name is though" She whispers to him, before darting out the room.

"To floor 500!."