Chapter 4

KELLIN'S POV

The drive back to the hotel was all too quiet. My band knew that I was mad at them, so they didn't want to bother me. But, the thing is, I wasn't even mad anymore. I couldn't be mad at anything then, especially after what just happened. In fact, I couldn't stop smiling.

I'm pretty sure that my change in mood became obvious about 10 minutes into the drive, because Jesse turned to me and said said, "What's got you so happy?" I turned his way and gave a shrug. Then I realized that there's no point in trying to avoid the topic, because he's not going to let it go. Right as he was about to talk again, I cut him off and said, "I met this girl today..." The look on his face became curious, yet pleased.

"Oh, now I get it." A slight smirk appeared. "What's her name?"

"Ell. I met her in a music shop when I was waiting for you guys. Thanks for that by the way. Why did it take you so long?"

My attempt at changing the topic failed as he said, "I told you we ran over some broken glass. Did you get her number?"

"Yeah..."

After I said that, we had just parked in the hotel parking lot, and he lost interest.

The hotel was a sight to see. A chandelier hung in the center of the lobby. It sparkled almost as bright as Ell's eyes. I couldn't get her off of my mind.

When I got into our hotel room it was around 7 o'clock. I lay down on the hotel bed, sending an amazing comforted feeling through my body. I stayed there for a minute or so, my eyes shut, and then decided to call Ell.

I sat up and pulled my pone out of my pocket. I was about to dial her number, but I realized I couldn't call here in the hotel room, because my band-mates were in there. I can't just call a girl and ask her on a date while they're all listening. So I walked out of the room and into the deserted hallway.

I'm pretty nervous by that time, hesitating as I start pressing the buttons. I put the phone up to my ear and heard the ringing noise - I could feel my heat pounding faster and faster. About 20 seconds went by, and for a moment, I thought she wasn't going to pick up. Right as I was about to hit "end call," I heard a small voice answered with "Hello?" She sounded distressed, like she was holding back tears.

"Are you okay?" The words spilled out of my mouth.

There was no response, but only mere silence followed by a slight whimper.   

"Ell, what's happening?" This time, the words sounded serious, like I really meant it.