| 7 |

"Namjoon! Joon!"

The man wakes up with a start sitting up on the couch, eyes wide, hair sticking out wildly. He turns his head quickly, trying to find the fire.

Wait... fire?

He blinks.

"Idiot, wake up," Yoongi shouts and suddenly there's a towel that smacks Namjoon across the face.

He yelps.

"What the -"

"Idiot, the time! Look at the time. You overslept. Your son has a match," Yoongi growled, shaking him by the shoulders to wake him up.

"Oh sh*t," Namjoon curses, jumping to his feet.

"Yah!!! Yahh!!! Where are you going with your underwear. Put on some pants, you idiot and brush your tee- the bathroom is the other way!"

---

"Is dad coming today?" Taehyung asks, playing with his fingers as Seokjin helps him wear his shoes.

Jin feels a pang of guilt in his heart as he immediately finds himself nodding. He remembers the fight they had and Namjoon storming out, finding his eyes automatically welling up at the memory.  But he pushes that away and instead flashes his son an encouraging smile.

"You've got this, champ."

"Yesh, appa."

Soon, Seokjin's seated on the bleachers but his mind isn't on the game. Rather it's on the fight he and Namjoon had the previous night. He shakes his head with a sigh, bringing his attention and focus back to the game.

Taehyung struggles against an opposing player and takes a nasty fall. Seokjin gasps, shooting to his feet, expression screaming worry. He can tell, even from afar, that his baby is in pain. He knows very well that his son is on the verge of tears. Suddenly, there's a figure that leans over the rail and a familiar shout reaches his ears.

"Taetae, come on buddy. Don't give up. My brave little bear, keep going."

Jin's head whips to the side in surprise and sure enough, it's Namjoon. Namjoon's right there, cheering for Taehyung.

The boy's face lights up immediately when he spots his dad in the stands. He pushes himself to his feet and dusts his little palms.

"That's my boy. That's my brave little Tae bear. Come on, buddy. Let's go, let's go, let's go," Namjoon shouts.

Feeling someone's gaze on him, he turns his head to the side to see Jin staring at him in complete and utter disbelief.

"You're here," Seokjin whispers and Namjoon almost didn't hear that.

Almost.

"Yeah. Couldn't afford to miss our son's match."

At the sight of tears in Seokjin's eyes, Namjoon pulled the male close and gently pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't realise the importance of showing up before. But that smile on Tae's face and the expression on yours is priceless. It's something I know for sure money can't buy."

Seokjin inches closer to Namjoon, one hand resting on the man's clothed abs.

"Thank you for showing up."

---

Namjoon scooped the eight year old in his arms and pressed kisses to his cheeks.

"Goodness. I'm so so proud of you. You played so well."

Taehyung flashed the man a boxy smile and laughed when Namjoon attacked him by tickling his sides.

"Missed you dada," Taehyung whispered, resting his head against the man's broad shoulder and Namjoon felt a slight tug at his heart.

"I missed you too."

Seokjin smiles softly when Namjoon pulla him close and gives his lips a light peck.

"I missed you as well," Namjoon whispers.

"What do you say about celebrating your victory at McD's?" Namjoon suggests.

"Yesh!" Taehyung cheers and Seokjin chuckles.

Seeing the smiles on the faces of the two people he loves more than his life, he understands it now.

He understands the importance of a father's presence; the importance of showing up.

The end