| 5 |

Yoongi grumbles as he forces his legs to cooperate, swinging them off the bed and moving sluggishly towards the door.

His eyes land on the wall clock as he moves across the living room, neon numbers shining in the dark.

01 : 12

Who in the name of f*ck was at their doorstep, ringing their doorbell, this late at night... or should he say this early in the f*cking morning?

He hears footsteps descending the stairs and figures it's Hoseok, disturbed by the doorstep.

"Yah, stop f*cking ringing the bell," Yoongi shouts at whoever is on the other side of their door.

The last thing he needs is his son waking up with the noise.

Nuh-uh.

Definitely not what he needs.

His fingers unlatch the door and he pulls it open, ready to scold whoever decided now was a good time to greet them. But his words die on his tongue when he realises two things.

One, the man on the other side of the door is none other than his best bud, Namjoon.

And two, the man looks like sh*t. No offence. His red-rimmed eyes stare back at Yoongi, cheeks streaked with tears.

Immediately, Yoongi is wide awake, concern replacing the earlier frustration he experienced.

"What the— Joon-ah, what are you doing here at this hour?"

"Who's at the door?" Yoongi hears Hobi ask, his voice hoarse with sleep.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know where else to go," Namjoon whispers brokenly and Yoongi gently tugs the man inside, guiding him to the couch just as Hoseok appears.

"Yoon— Joonie? What are you— are you okay? You look awful."

"I feel awful," Namjoon sighs, rubbing his eyes harshly when they well up.

"What happened?" Yoongi asks, taking a seat opposite him.

"I'll get you a glass of water," Hobi says, giving the younger one last look of concern before he heads to the kitchen.

To be continued
21 December, 2022