Chapter 2

*Sofia POV*

"YESSSS MARISAAA." I heard Amanda shrieked in the blaring music. My heart thumped with the beat of the music while shaking my hips in circular motion.

“¡Beban, chicas!” Luisa all of a sudden said while coming to us with a whole bottle of wine in her hand and three wine glasses. (Drink up girls!)

"¿Woah Cómo conseguiste una botella entera?" I asked in surprise. (How did you get a whole bottle?)

"Digamos que le doy una propina al cantinero más de lo que podría ganar." She teased and wink. (Let's just say I tipped the bartender more than he could earn.)

"Ayeeee get it chica!" We cheered for her.

She gave us the wine glasses and poured a half amount of red liquid into the glass. 

I put the glass to my lips and drank the whole glass in just two gulps. Once the bittersweet taste burned down my throat, I felt myself becoming more active.

"Mira, es más divertido estar sentado en casa y no hacer nada, ¿verdad?" Amanda asked. (See it's more fun than sitting at home and doing nothing, right?)

"Oh síííííí." I shouted through the music. 

I took the wine bottle from Luisa and started pouring some of the contents down to myself. The cold liquid hit my warm skin and stained my pants.

 The cold liquid hit my warm skin and stained my pants

"Esto es para Marissa por cumplir veintitrés años." Amanda announced to which me and Luisa cheered. 

(This is to Marissa for turning twenty-three.)

Luisa raised her glass. "Esto es para Marissa por finalmente salir de la casa para festejar con nosotros." She announced to which we both cheered again. 

(This is to Marissa for finally getting out of the house to party with us.)

This time I raised my glass. "Esto es para finalmente deshacerse de las personas tóxicas." I cheered loudly to which Luisa and Amanda followed. 

(This is for finally getting rid of toxic people.)

Amanda and Luisa don't know the real reason I came to Mexico. I may have told them that the reason why I moved was because my family and friends are toxic and I just needed to get away from them.

I felt my body becoming sticky from the cold liquid that I poured on to myself. Yeah It was a bad idea to do it. "Hey, Creo que necesito ir al baño y lavarme." I said through the music.

(Hey, I think I need to go to the bathroom and wash myself up.)

They both gave me the 'ok' hand sign. I walked away from them and ventured through the sweaty bodies.

While I was going through the sweaty bodies, I felt myself being followed by someone which made me fasten my pace. I bolted to the bathroom once it was at my sight.