one, twenty seven: next mornings and movies

and she awoke in musk scented sheets. wearing a boys shirt and her pants. her clothes from last night laid in a heap on the floor. finding the doodles on the wall, of cobwebs and spiders. her doodles, this was spider's room. but there was this lemonish scent. and that's how she found the mangle of a body laid on the floor. ant's face resting against the floor. and she shot up. no. they didn't.

"mara, go back to sleep." ant cried rolling over on the ground. so he was there. and she hadn't imagined it.

"mara?" she heard someone ask but tears had already started spilling over her eyes.

"holy shit, spider. wake up!" ant screamed and the blonde boy shot out of bed. his hair stuck up and the slightest bit of drool was on his lip. eyes dark and face sleepy. but that soon disappeared as he noticed the horrified look on his girlfriend's face.

"shit." he cried, and the girl scrambled for the bathroom. ignoring the two boys.

"marianne, it's okay. you got drugged last night. we carried you here to mine, we didn't want to leave you alone." she remained hidden behind the door. spider thankful his parents had already gone to work. bless the lord for early morning workers. but she couldn't decide if she were to trust them or not. she remembered little bits. not a lot and most definitely not in the right order. she remembered the drink, the cloudy water. she could remember ant and spider dancing either side of her. she remembered malakai hitting the ground and she remembered getting dragged to the floor. remembered the spider's smiling face and then nothing at all.

moneyman: hey, you alright? i didn't see you after the party yesterday.  
                                                                                      read
moneyman: mara?

moneyman: where are you? are you okay?

spidergirl: i'm fine, at spiders.

moneyman: disgusting

when she opened the door, she found the two boys there. i'm still waiting. still as tired yet as panicked as before.

"are you okay?'' spider asked cautiously. standing up and taking small steps to his girlfriend. who took one look at his worried face and ran into his arms.

"it's okay, we looked after you. you really scared us marianne." he spoke again, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer before going to inspect her.

"i'm sorry." she mumbled as he held her face in his large hands, fingers gently touching her skin. her eyes still had a red hint to them, her cheeks were slowly colouring back to normal. she didn't look so dead.

"no, hush." he whispered, motioning for ant to join them. and so he did, wrapping his arms around the couple he joined their hug. they had left the party with marianne and spider lugging ant and finished the day with the bug boys lugging her.

"i ordered a maccies by the way." ant smiled and mara leaned up to press a kiss to his cheek.

"think i might have picked the wrong big boy." she laughed before disappearing back into the spider's bathroom. she needed to wash last night. standing staring at her reflection as steam filled the room. her face was still pale, making the cut on her lip look worse. it was still an awful purplish colour but the yellow was spotting in. her knees were bruised,as were her elbows. she remembered crumbling to the floor, but not where. but she turned away, returning from her zone out as tears pricked her eyes. turning the dial hotter as she stood. mara was a cold shower fan, ice shard like cold. only turning the dial to warmer as her mind drifted. so she stood,skin burning red under the water. lathering spider's 7 in one shampoo, it was so boy-like of him to have that shampoo. she wanted her watermelon shampoo back. she appeared from his shower, skin red and steam flooding from behind.

and ant and spider are already stuffing their faces with food.

"oi, no!" she cried, leaping at them to grab some. the box of chicken mcnuggets being hugged tightly to ant's chest as he cried. fighting over them as the spider remained watching the tv. some shows about a family in the 80's.

"do you wanna watch the maze runner?" spider asked the two as they finally stopped fighting over the nuggets. choosing to split them instead.

"movie day?'' ant questioned and the two couldn't help but chuckle, he was such a child. and they found themselves. laid in a heap on spider's bed watching the movie on the screen. not moving. at first it hurt, for ant, to see how in love the two were. but he had come to terms with it. mara was practically laid on the spider's lap, but he looked so happy. glancing down at the girl who was explaining the movie to his best friend. ant commenting about how fit dylan o'brien was every time he was on the screen. mara agreed with him and every comment. and they stayed there for the rest of the day watching the rest of the movies.