𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈

"Are you sure you will be alright?"

"I will be fine Ms. Jean, please don't worry. If it helps ease your worries, I will stay away if a battle ensues" 

The brunette's words brought little comfort to Jean, and to the traveler. Both of them kept glancing at her injured arm, then at her, and then at each other as if doubting her luck.

She had to admit however, that Starsnatch Cliff was a lovely place for a reunion. Despite being born and brought up in Mondstadt, the beauty of its scenery never failed to put the Knight in a trance. Cecilia flowers gently decorated the path everyone had taken to the cliff. The slightly cloudy sky did little to dampen the bright rays of hope that everyone had harbored.

Divya and Lumine had been the last ones to reach the spot, albeit it was understandable considering that the former now had another wound added to her seemingly growing list. 

First bruises, then a burn and now a flesh wound from a sword? Her luck seems quite.... ah-...

....Terrible....

The Acting Grandmaster couldn't help but be genuinely worried for the girl. She wasn't sure why, but she had the growing urge to simply shove her away from the cliff and lead her back to the relatively safer confines of the city.

It appeared that Lumine too had tried to stop her from coming, but the defeated look on the traveler's face clearly portrayed the outcome of that little debate. 

The sound of the lyre gently floated in the air, and the Knight had to shift her attention to the bard that had started to play it.

Is it working...?

A low rumble steadily increased in volume, as the odd group shielded themselves from the burst of wind that arose from the Dragon. A roar crashed through the air, marking the arrival of Dvalin. 

Stormterror lowered himself to meet the eyes of the bard, rumbles and growls arising from within his body.

"If so, then why do I see sadness in your eyes? Sadness that speaks of your yearning for this song.."

"They are....communicating? huh..." Jean whispered, baffled at how a bard could communicate with one of the four winds. 

She turned to her right and left to see both Diluc and the Traveler equally as confused as her. A glance at the back however, made her eyes widen even more. 

Divya seemed to be listening intensely, as if she could hear something beyond the growls of the Dragon.

Can she understand Dvalin too?

"WATCH OUT!!" The brunette suddenly yelled, causing the entire group to snap their heads towards the attack. 

"VENTI!!"

"OH NO!! TONE-DEAF BARD!!" Paimon cried out.

Divya and Diluc were the first to react, the former rushing towards the bard, and pulling him upright against her body.

 "Do not be fooled by him, dear dragon...He left you to rot alone. Now he attempts to deceive you once more" 

A Cryo Abyss Mage?! Jean stretched her hand out, shielding the injured and the defenseless as the red-head rushed to the forefront of what could soon be a dangerous battle. 

"Barbatos..." 

"Let your wrath fester. Mondstadt has already turned its back on you!!" 

 Mondstadt has already turned its back on you!!"