Episode 2: Woe is the loneliest number

Start from the beginning

Wednesday noticed and turned to him, "what is it that you want? Hand cream? Nail buffer? New cuticle scissors? Consider it done." Thing threw the magazine at Wednesday which didn't hit her.

"Wednesday, you can't just buy him to forgive you." You said, she turned to you. You walked to Thing, sitting down next to him. "You know Wednesday, she was just frustrated that you couldn't finish your job. She didn't mean it, right?" You turn to Wednesday with a warning look.

Wednesday sigh as she nodded. Y/n pointed at the bed as Wednesday rolled her eyes a bit but sat down next to Thing. "I know I'm stubborn, single-minded and obsessive. But those are all traits of great writers." Thing signed with his hands, "yes, and serial killers. What's your point?" You looked at the conversation, 'I have a feeling that I'm missing on what are they trying to say.'

"I have nothing to get off of my chest and I am not submitting to your emotional blackmail." Wednesday said, Thing tapped his fingers. "Come on Wednesday." You said, she sighed as she said to the both of you. "Fine."

She reached to her pocket, pulling the picture out. "When Rowan showed us this, it confirmed my greatest fear. That we are going to be responsible for something terrible. Not good terrible like Ivan. Bad terrible. And I can't let that happen." Wednesday said.

"That's why we need to find out the truth." Wednesday said, he patted Wednesday's hand as he pats your head. "Breathe a word of this to anyone and I will end you." Wednesday said to the both of you. "Fine." You said. Thing backed up.

"So, shall we begin?" You asked.

...
"If Weems come sniffing around, keep your distance, look grim, and don't say a word." "Payback is gonna be a bitch!" Enid said to you both. "I'd expect nothing less." You said.

"Blab and I will squeeze you like a honeycomb." "Snitches get stung. It's hive code. Besides, I should be thanking you both. This is the most girls I've ever had in the shed. Other then bees." He said, you looked around the house, not paying attention to the conversation anymore.

"Shocking." "I've always had a thing for werewolf chicks." "The chance that Enid ever becomes romantically interested in you is less then 1%." "So I've still got a shot? Yes!"

"Should we leave now?" You asked Wednesday, she nodded as you both walked out of the beekeeping house.

...
You both walked down the woods, you heard a noise as you turned around, Wednesday following. As soon as you did, Someone came up from behind and cover yours and Wednesday's mouth. You calmed down when you realized it was just Tyler and Wednesday was still here.

The sheriff walked by with his dog, you glared at them as they leave your slight.

You and Wednesday quickly got out of his grip. "Sorry. I didn't want Elvis to pick up on your both scents." He said, "thanks. How's you throw them off." Wednesday asked.

Tyler grabbed something from his jacket, "coffee grounds?" You asked, "Deer-hunting hack. One of the perks of being a part-time barista." He said, shoving the coffee grounds back into his jacket.

"I assume your father didn't bring the bloodhound to play fetch." "He doesn't tell me shit. You two must think it's weird I'm stalking him." "No, I consistently stalk my parents." "I stalk them whenever they are out so they don't stupid stuff." You and Wednesday said as you both walked away.

"Hey, wait, what really happened the other night at the festival? Look I swear I won't say anything to my dad." Tyler said as you both turned to him.

"We thought Rowan was in danger. Turns out we were wrong. The he proceeded to use his telekinesis to try and choke us to death." Wednesday explained as you both continued to walk.

"Holy shit. Wh...why would he do that?" "No idea. That's when this monster came out of the shadows and gutted him." Wednesday said, you remanded silence, following Wednesday.

"Whoa whoa. So you two really saw it? And it didn't try to kill you both?" "It actually saved us from Rowan. That's the part we're trying to figure out. We came out here to find something that can prove he was murdered and that we haven't lost our mind. Yet." She said the last word quietly, but because you were close to her of course you heard it.

You stopped when you saw something on the ground. You quickly walked near it as Wednesday's attention went to you. You kneel down to it as they followed, "these are Rowan's." You said, scanning it.

"I knew it was a cover-up." Wednesday said, crossing her arms. You grabbed it as you started to have a vision, Wednesday quickly caught you, but ended up having a vision aswell.
...
Rowan looked outside the window, the statue that seems familiar appeared.

"What are you talking about?" "So much of my—" "my new desk, you psychopath!"

The statue appeared again, this time shaking more.

"Speaking of that—" "you creep people out!"

A book flew to his hands, he ripped a page out.

"You know—" "unbelievable." "I did—"

The statue falls.

"You're crazy!"

Rowan threw Xavier to the wall.

Wednesday was above right we're the statue was about to fall.

Xavier grunts as he falls.

The book with the symbol appeared again.
...
You both came back from the version. You fell because of the suddenly balance. Wednesday stayed in her place.

"You two okay?" Tyler asked, kneeling to you both.

Wednesday looked at you, you stood back up, looking at the glasses with heavy breathing.

...
You both made it back to the Nevermore Library, "we both keep seeing that same purple book." Thing pulled out a light purple book, "the cover was darker. More like a day-old construction. Keep looking."

"I'm heading to Enid, I'm gonna help her." You said as Wednesday nodded. You stepped out of the library as Wednesday watches you leave.
...