Chapter 3: Thank You

(Y/n) remembered his car from last time. He kept showing up behind the hospital, and the first couple times she saw him duck behind his seat it was kind of cute. But about 4-5 times was getting pretty old pretty quickly.
She was lucky enough to get off early, as her replacement had shown up. All (Y/n) had to do was bring the biohazard waste out and she could call it a night.
The car was still there, she peaked over to see what he was doing. It looked like he wasn't anticipating the change in her schedule, he was jotting something down on a notepad. (Y/n) sighed and walked around the car to the passengers side. She opened the door and hopped in the seat.

"Hey, why are you st-"
She turned to face him and made eye contact with the worst side of a gun to be on. She practically threw herself against the window.
"LEADER IT'S ME!"
He was holding a juice box, with his mask up just enough to take an awkward sip. "Mhm. What are you doing here?" He asked, unmoving.

(Y/n) tried to nudge the gun away, but he'd just move it right back.
"Please stop pointing that at me its making me nervous." She stuttered out, voice cracking.
"Why? Just tell me why you're here and if I like your answer, you'll be fine."
"... and if you don't?"
"I don't like cleaning inside cars, so make it good." He stared directly into her soul.
She took a nervous gulp and forced an answer out.
"I recognized your car. You're down here often, why?" She asked.

He closed his eyes and took a breath, setting the gun down between his legs. "I wait for you to throw away those orange trash bags. They're gold-mines for props."
"What do you mean by that?" (Y/n) asked.
"By what?"
""Props" You talk about props a lot. Are you a stage director or something?" She asked, getting a bit more comfortable in the seat.
He looked away, trying to think of how to be as vague as possible.

"...Maybe."
"For what?"
"A production."
"What is the production?"
".... Interesting, and good. It's really good."

She slowly blinked and sighed. "Fine, I wont pry anymore."
"Good, I don't want to share anything else."
The car was quiet, and awkward.
After a bit, (Y/n) started to open the door, before noticing it locked. Freddrick spoke up.
"Before you go," He looked back at her. "Do you.. Want me to grab you something to eat? As a thanks for the gift the other day?"

(Y/n) was about to say no and complain, but then her stomach grumbled. Not eating during a 12 hour shift was a horrible idea on her part.
She relaxed in the seat and sighed. "Sure, why not?"
"Alright, buckle up."
She unlocked the door and hopped out, he shook his head a bit in confusion. "I can meet you there, where are we going?"
He nodded. "Uhh.. Do you just want something quick?" He asked.
"Sure, you want McDonalds?"
He grimaced a bit at the idea before nodding. "..Sure, I think I could find.. Something.. there."
(Y/n) clapped her hands, causing him to jump a bit. "Sweet! Theres one two blocks down from the hospital, I'll see you there!"
He nodded, giving a small wave.

After a 3 minute drive, they both showed up in the parking lot. Luckily dine-in was still an option.
"Do we have to eat in here? What if the seats are sticky?" He asked, awkwardly hunching over to fit in the door.
(Y/n) looked up. "If you want to eat together, yeah."
He nodded, forcing an uncomfortable smile.

They ordered their food, and sat down to wait for their order.
"What did you get?" Freddrick asked.
"I got the Big Mac meal, I'm really hungry." She smiled. "What about you?"
He nodded. "I got unsalted fries."
"Why unsalted? So they're guaranteed to be fresh?"
He shifted in his seat a bit before leaning in. "I don't like salt."
She nodded. "Ooh, Okay! Did you get anything else?"
He shook his head. "Nope, I hate everything here."

She giggled a bit. "Fair, but it's edible!" He nodded. She smiled and leaned in with him.
"If you eat their burgers, it almost tastes like you're getting protein."
He giggled a bit. "Ah.. Good. Good one."
After a while their orders were done, for the most part they were alone in the restaurant.
It was pretty awkward.