𝟯𝟬. versus the sabotage

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Ryan agreed.

"That's a first, usually Ryan eats it at this game." Spyder reminded in disbelief.

"We never get past the first round. All we do is hassle him." Harris added.

"Finally, Hana wins the entire game and afterwards, we all have to ice our new bruises that she caused." Natalie finished but received a weird look from Leo. "It can get really painful when Hana gets competitive." The boys all nodded in agreement.

"How is this any different?" Ryan questioned.

"We're celebrating Traeger's loss. Instead of playing a game that Ryan loses." Mark pointed out, causing the eccentric scientist to chuckle.

"Not this time." Ryan denied before putting down a card on the table that could change the fate of the game. "Boom! Trance! Skip your turn! Oh yeah! Back away." He exclaimed excitedly and the rest of the group looked in surrender at the boy's card.

"Wow." Leo's eyes widened in disbelief.

Suddenly, Spyder turned away from group and threw up in the garbage can beside him. The group all cringed in disgust. "Food poisoning. Happens when you keep fish sticks in your locker." Harris reminded the ill boy.

"Didn't Natalie and Veracity throw those away though?" Ryan questioned in confusion.

"Not all of them." Spyder confirmed, causing everyone to cringe in disgust.

"I thought we talked about this. No keeping deep fried food in your locker." Natalie scolded.

"Hey, where is Veracity anyway?" Leo pondered, finally noticing the girl's absence. "She was supposed to teach me gramogram. Have you guys heard of this thing called memes?" The group gave him a weird look in response.

"Wow, you're really old." Hana taunted and received a harsh slap to the shoulder from Natalie. She winched at the sudden impact.

"You've all heard of it." Leo pointed out.

"Yes." Ryan nodded.

"A little bit but that's ok." Harris assured.

"Veracity's touring a school that's for geniuses that has never invited Harris." Spyder taunted as he reached for the dice for his turn.

"Because it's an all girl school." Harris shot back.

Spyder shook the dice using one hand before tossing them onto the table. Unfortunately for him, he accidentally put too much force into his throw and the dice flew across the table and onto the floor. The group all stared in annoyance at him.

"My petition is working its way through the court system right now." Harris reminded.

"You retained a lawyer?" Leo questioned.

"Yes." Harris nodded.

"Yep, of course you did." Spyder rolled his eyes at the shorter boy's antics.

Mark went to pick up the dice but had taken too long to grab them, making the others annoyed. "Come on, Mark!" Harris exclaimed.

"Anytime, Mark." Ryan waited before his brother handed him the set of dice. He rolled on his turn, getting another impressive advancement.

"Woah, ok." Mark's eyes widened.

"I'm on a roll." Ryan cheered.

Mark picked up both dice and rolled them. The game was was getting super heated by the minute. It was already a close game but now it was extremely competitive as they almost reached the end. Hana, Leo and Ryan were all neck and neck for first place.