𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

Start from the beginning

"Alright, first you flick this switch, then this switch. That activates it," Rocket instructed while pointing to the small levers. After moving the device closer to Groot, the raccoon pointed to one of the red buttons. "Then you push this button, which will give you five minutes to get out of there." Then Rocket pointed to the red button next to it as the tone of his voice became more serious. "Now, whatever you do, don't push this button because that will set off the bomb immediately and we'll all be dead."

"Why is that even a button?" Primrose questioned, only for Rocket to look up at her with a smirk on his face.

"Dramatic effect," was all the raccoon said in response before turning his attention back to Groot, "now, repeat back what I just said."

"I am Groot."

"Uh-huh."

"I am Groot."

"That's right."

"I am Groot," Groot said while pointing to the button Rocket told him not to push.

"No! No, that's the button that will kill everyone!" Rocket exclaimed while Primrose cringed, suddenly becoming less convinced that they were going to make it out of there alive, "try again."

"I am Groot."

"Mm-hm."

"I am Groot."

"Uh-huh."

"I am Groot," Groot said, once again pointing to the wrong button.

"No! That's exactly what you just said! How is that even possible?! Which is the button you're supposed to push? Point to it," Rocket told Groot, who did as he was told and pointed to one of the red buttons, "no!"

"You need to relax, Rocket," Primrose said, drawing the raccoon's attention toward her before she sent him a sheepish smile, "you're making him nervous."

Rocket just glared at her for a moment before letting out a long sigh. "Whatever. Do you have any tape? I wanna cover the death button."

"Who brings tape to a fight?" the Quill woman responded, earning another annoyed look from the raccoon.

It wasn't long after that when the sound of Peter's voice drew their attention to a hole directly above them, where the Quill man could just be seen. "How's it going in there?"

"Terrible! Now get me some tape!" Rocket shouted without even attempting to hide the annoyance in his voice, "does anybody have any tape out there? I wanna put some tape over the death button."

"I don't have any tape. Let me check," the redheaded man responded before putting his mask back on and flying out of sight. Primrose and Rocket didn't say a word as they sat there listening to Peter ask everyone for tape. If they were in any other situation, the Quill woman would've laughed at everyone's responses to her brother's question. But the feeling of impending doom sucked the joy right out of her. It wasn't long before Peter reappeared above them with a somewhat defeated look on his face. "Nobody has any tape."

"Not a single person has tape?" Rocket responded with a hint of skepticism in his voice, earning a shake of the head from the Quill man, "did you ask Nebula?"

Peter hesitated for a moment as his eyes flashed over to Primrose before he looked back over at Rocket. "Yes."

"Are you sure?" the raccoon asked, only for the redheaded man to let out an irritated sigh.

"I asked Yondu and she was sitting next to him!"

"I knew you were lying!"

"You have priceless batteries and an atomic bomb in your bag," Primrose stated, drawing both of their attention to her before she continued speaking, "if anybody's gonna have tape, it's you."