01 - Past Shenanigans

He found himself chained down in a hospital bed. How did he know it was a hospital? Well, there was an IV drip sticking out of him and the scent of disinfectant filled his nose. Also, the room was pure white and sterile. How did he know he was chained? Well, he tried to stretch and move, but no. He couldn't. Chakra stronger and potent than his own stopped him from moving.

Next to him, was the blond knuckleheaded ninja. Albeit, less chained up. Literally, in no cuffs of any description. He was snoring annoyingly loud with a bubble of snot dripping out his nose. Sasuke's nose scrunched up in disgust.

The boy closed his eyes and asked for his chakra to flood to the surface, but... nothing. Zilch. Nada. It wasn't working. This was weird. Even for him. Even in his life.

Opening his eyes again, he looked around once more. Nurses were coming in and out of view of the window on the door, before he saw a familiar blonde – Tsunade – walk in. The woman looked the same as always, young and her face full of make-up, even though she was much older than many would expect. At least, that was what he had heard. The older woman's hazel eyes flickered onto Sasuke in disgust, before she glance over at Naruto with a deep fondness.

"You're awake already," she stated, moving to Naruto to check on his vitals and such, "I'm not even surprised that Naruto is still asleep," she huffed.

Sasuke stayed silent.

After she tended to Naruto, her expression fell onto Sasuke once more. "I was surprised when you both came in," she said softly, playing with her hair in almost an anxious way, "When I had heard that you were both apparently here, I didn't expect this at all."

"Stop talking in riddles," Sasuke finally said rudely, "I have my goals, and you won't stop me from reaching them."

She almost looked sad as Sasuke said this, "Yes... your goals... I'm not even sure where to begin explaining what's going on, and even if I should considering how delicate this is. Kakashi doesn't even have an idea of what to do, and he's the one running the show."

'What did she mean by that?'

The two then heard the tell-tale signs of someone waking up, with a loud yawn and a groan. The blonde ninja sat up and looked around, rubbing his eyes before grinning at Tsunade.

"I knew you'd get things sorted, Tsunade-baa-sama!" he said cheerfully, his grin wide.

The older woman almost looked like she had seen a ghost when Naruto had begun speaking, and the boisterous kid didn't really realise what was going on. Not that either of them really understood why things were... different. The Uchiha looked down at his chakra bound hands. He couldn't put them together to make any hand signs, and he also couldn't move his feet.

Her smile was pained, "Of course, Naruto... I... have some things to tell you, but I think I'll wait until Sakura and Kakashi get here..."

Sasuke scoffed, "Why do they need to be here? You're the Hokage, aren't you?"

"Not anymore," she said, not looking in Sasuke's direction.

She didn't say much more than that.

.

.

.

ANBU arriving in her office was not shocking, but what they said definitely shocked her, "Uzumaki Naruto and Uchiha Sasuke are here..."

'What? Why?'

Her green eyes flickered in hesitation as she looked away for a moment. Memories of the latter forming in her head like a drum. It hurt to remember that. She bit her lower lip and asked for more information, which the ANBU was not willing to provide.