Part:8 Viridescent

*Rosalie's point of view*

He took me to a very large estate in a slightly isolated area. My mouth gaped open as we walked through a beautiful garden with trees taller than some skyscrapers. "How do you like it?" "It's wonderful!" I said. I had visited his home before but apparently that wasn't the main area.

We walked until we reached a highly secured door with locks all the way up. He gesture me to come down with him so I did so the door shutting behind me.

"So, I'd this the famous lab?" I said with a smirk as he rolled his eyes. "This is my hopes and dreams put into reality. This is what everyone thinks is so bad." He said in a disdainful voice. I glanced around at the scattered papers machine. Suddenly my face fell to the center of the room. "What's that?" I said with curiosity. "That is my experiment... Sadly it's a failure so I'm having the cleaners come this afternoon..." "Oh." She said, "it's a failure?" I thought to myself my fingers glazing the spines of dusty old books and test tubes. "What are you attempting to do?" I said breaking the intimidating character I had earlier. "Well you see Rose, I'm the only one (so I thought) that is brave enough to do what needs to be done for the betterment of science. I experiment. Some people may say that I'm a ruthless monster but what I believe is that I can create something truly remarkable." He paused for a moment clearing his throat.

"I believe my work is the most important thing to me in this world. I'm creating an enhanced human being." He finished finally after what felt like an eternity. I finally cleared my throat to fill the silence, "I see and don't I become a liability knowing this?" I said hoping he wouldn't resort to just killing her.

"No," he said pausing "you are like me you will stop at nothing to achieve your goal so... I want you to help me." He said casually studying around the room. "And if I don't?" I said tauntingly.

"Well, life is just an elaborate game that you cannot win or lose, only play. I intend to play this game my way, get in my way and your game may be cut short." His words sent a shiver down my spine remembering Zandik's words.

"Alright I'll help you," she said "but on one condition. " "Hm?" "You have to provide me with a legitimate lab." I almost said demanding it. "Fine but don't say I didn't warn you"he said jokingly.

The next day in author point of view*

Rose couldn't believe she actually had her own real lab. Excitedly she slapped on a brown sweater a trench coat and dark khakis. She spotted Zandik leaning against the wall in a typical white lab coat, black pants and a black turtleneck on.

"Your lab awaits" he said pushing the door next to him open. She saw everything she ever wanted, needed, and more. Then worry closed get mind. She had school, wait they both had school! This wasn't good they had been gone for three days now. "Uhh Zandik... The lab is beautiful and is everything I've ever hoped and dreamt for but what about school?" Huh school... He had completely forgotten about that predicament. "Ugh school." He groaned I'm distaste. "I guess we should get ready to go then" he said with anguish.

Zandik's point of view*

Arriving at the school we both headed for our first class, physics. Knowing each other's dark secret made it a lot easier to converse but also meant we had to hold back around other people... We wouldn't want people to know our kill counts combined were probably in the thousands.

"Rose I know that using Zynamorphine will oxidize the mixture but it's the only chemical that is potent enough." I argued getting frustrated with our current dilemma. "... What if we used Xyoxamintocin?" She said with won't in her voice. "Rose, you're a genius!" I said gaining a few glanced from other students.

We both headed home to our rooms. "Good night" she said cheerfully. "Good night Rose." I said as we both entered our rooms. I couldn't wait for tomorrow I thought as I feel asleep.

A/n
Sorry it's been a while since I've published anything I've had quite a bit of writers block but I got through it and decided to write this chapter hope you liked it.