“But were different Haille,” He took his thumb and wiped the tear away, but he left his hand placed on my cheek.

I was silent for a few minutes, but I just decided to change the subject, “Look at Chase and Jessie,” I smiled over at the two who were laying in the grass just looking at each other.

He glanced at them, “When is he gonna ask her out. Like for real…”

I giggled at Joe’s use of the words ‘for real’. He was still looking at them while I was just staring at his perfect face, “Joe…?”

He looked at me and smiled, “Yes.”

“What are we gonna do? I can’t let you not go to UCLA…it’s been your dream. But I can’t pack up my stuff and move to California…I didn’t apply for any colleges out there.”

“We have time to figure it out Hails…” He tried to comfort me by rubbing my back but it just made it worse.

“No! We have 3 weeks!!” Tears started pouring out of my eyes, “I love you Joe!!” What if you meet another girl over there…and while I'm here…by myself, I meet a guy?! I don’t want to meet anyone else Joe! I want you and only you…” I was hysterical. Breathing was becoming harder and harder and I everything was all blurry because tears filled my eyes.

“Shhh…Haille, it’s going to be fine.” He continued to rub my back and I slowly started calming down, “It’s going to be fine…were going to be fine,” He kept repeating.

I sniffed, “I don’t want to lose you.”

“You’re not going to lose me…I'm right here,” He smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

I took a deep breath and stood up, “I think we should go…I'm kind of hungry. I’ll go get the love birds,” I began walking over to Jessie and Chase, “Hey guys, were gonna go get something to eat,”

Chase stood up and held out his hand which Jessie took and stood up, we began walking and I noticed it took Jessie a while to let go of his hand, I smiled a bit.

We all jumped into the car and Joe began driving, “So where are we going?” Joe asked.

“Applebee’s! Applebee’s!” Jessie chanted.

“Applebee’s it is.”

The car was quiet except for Jessie and Chase’s quiet giggles. I kept sneaking quick glances back at them through the side view mirror. Jessie was playing with Chase’s hair and Chase kept tickling the sides of Jessie’s stomach, which, in my books, is very touchy feely.

I looked down at my hands and thought about my life without Joe. You may think I'm being dramatic, but I love Joe. When I see him I still get butterflies in my stomach and my hands still get all sweaty. We’ve been dating for 2 years and I always thought things were going to get serious…like marriage…

But now I'm sad, confused…and as a matter of fact, heartbroken. On the other hand, Joe is so happy about being accepted, since of course it’s been his dream to attend UCLA.

I sighed and looked out my window. We pulled into Applebee’s and we all started getting out of the car. I began walking to the entrance but Joe made his way up to me and grabbed my hand, “You okay Hails?” He asked.

I cleared my throat, “Yeah, just not feeling all too well,” I cracked a small smile.

“Table for 4,” Joe told the hostess. She led us to a booth and we all scotched in. I smiled at Jessie who was across from me. Chase and Joe were talking about some football game that was on tonight, so I took this opportunity to talk about Chase and her.

“So what’s going on with you and Chase?” I asked Jessie quietly.

She playfully rolled her eyes, “Nothing.”

“Oh please, I saw you guys running around and laying in the grass and getting all touchy feely in the backseat. We have 2 more weeks left of high school, so either you make your move or I’ll speak to him about making his move,” I smiled.

Her eyes widened, “No…Haille please. There's nothing going on between us, nothing will ever go on between us.” The waitress arrived and asked for our drink orders. After she left I continued.

“Well, you guys are going to the same college,” I winked.

She rolled her eyes once again. The waitress returned and set our drinks. We ordered, ate and left. The rest of our conversations were kind of pointless.

Joe dropped off Jessie and then Chase. As we pulled up to my house we looked over at me and smiled, “Need a ride to school tomorrow?” He asked.

I half smiled, “Of course,” I pecked his lips then unbuckled my seat belt.

He sighed, “Can we worry about this whole situation in 2 weeks?”

I ignored that question, “Love you, I’ll see you in the morning,” I got out and gave him one last smile before I shut the door and walked into my house.

I smiled at the sight at James, “Where have you been?! I've been calling your phone for over an hour!” He yelled.

“W-what?” I checked my phone and saw it was on silent, along with 7 missed calls from James. I looked back up at him.

“Mom and dad are at the hospital. We have to go,” He grabbed his car keys and walked out to his car.

I followed, “What happened?!!” I buckled up and we pulled out of the driveway.

“They got in a car accident on their way back from the showcase,” He stated.

~

Hope you liked it! (: I uploaded a little earlier so yeah! :D