Three Weeks Left

“Can you just tell us where you’re taking us?” Jessie complained.

“I'm surprised you guys haven’t figured it out yet,” Joe said.

I giggled; there was never a dull moment with Jessie around. She always has been bubbly and…ditzy. Her and Chase would make such a cute couple if they just admitted their love for each other!! Joe and I were the same way, best friends with some stronger feelings for each other.

Joe then made a sharp left turn and pulled around the back of an old abandoned building, “Uhm…I still don’t get it,” Jessie sighed.

Joe laughed and then parked on the grass, “Get out,” He slipped out of the car, and being the gentlemen he is, he opened the car door for me.

“Thanks,” I gave him a quick peck on the lips and grabbed his hand.

“Can you explain this to us please?” Chase asked while looking around.

“How can you guys not remember this? We came here all the time when we were kids…” He paused; we were all still a little confused. He sighed and began again, “Our parents worked in that building and we all ran around out here when we were younger,”

Jessie grinned, “Oh yeah!”

I, on the other hand, wasn’t listening to what Jessie began to say. I was taking in the view. Our parents worked as bank people. Not the kind of bank when people walk in and get their money but like all the other work. They printed and shredded money. This place was pretty deserted, because the government didn’t want people knowing where all this money was being printed. It was a few miles away from the freeway and surrounding it was a beautiful field. With a few trees here and there and in the spring the dandelions grew everywhere.

I finally tuned back into Jessie and Joes conversation. Chase was also just looking around like I was.

Jessie giggled, “We used to love coming here!” She glanced at Chase then hopped on his back. Chase snapped out of it and he smiled. Jessie wrapped her arms around Chase’s neck while he grabbed onto her thighs, “Let me fall and I’ll kill you,” She exclaimed.

“I would never let you fall,” Chase then began to run out further into the field.

I sighed, “They are just too cute,” I smiled up at Joe.

“Eh,” He grabbed my hand and began to walk. It was silent for a few minutes, but it wasn’t an awkward silence, it was nice and relaxing.

We stopped at a tree with one really low branch. It looked like the tree grew an extra arm or something out of its butt. I slowly sat on it, hoping that it wouldn’t snap. Once I got comfortable, I was surprised it was actually holding me.

“Have I ever told you that you’re gorgeous?” Joe smiled while leaning one of his hands on the tree next to my head.

I shrugged, “Maybe once…or twice,” I smiled and kissed him. He pulled me closer to him, closing the space between us. My hands rested on his broad shoulders while he brought one of his hands to my neck and the other to my cheek.

I slowly pulled away, “I love you,” I whispered.

“I love you, too,” He replied.

I sighed leaned my head back on the tree, “Can you believe we graduate in 2 weeks?” I asked him.

“That means 3 weeks we have left together,” Joe sighed.

I looked up at him, “No…don’t say that,” Tears started welling up in my eyes.

“It’s gonna happen Hails…and I don’t want to break up.”

“Long distance relationships never last…everyone knows that,” One tear spilled out of my eyes.