i. y/n the homeschool

"CAN I ASK a question?" y/n suddenly asks her mom, breaking the quiet tension between them. "when can i be discharged? i can't do anything here in the hospital." the woman hesitates for a minute, before asking "what will you do once you'll get out of here, sweetie?" the younger one pauses to think.

"there's lots of things i wanna do. i wanna play arcade games, i wanna skate, i wanna talk and hangout with my friends, i wanna study for once. just anything to be out of here." her mom smiles a bit, but it soon dropped when y/n changes the topic yet again, "talking about friends, where are we gonna stay? hawkins? derry? i wanna meet the club again."

"um, neither. i'm sorry, honey." the disappointed face from y/n earns a bit sympathy from her mother, but what could she even do? it's for the best anyway. both of the towns are dangerous, she wouldn't want to harm her daughter again, they both have an unusual connection. even thinking about the thought of it scares the woman. she just wanted to protect her daughter.

but then again, she was holding y/n's life back. her own mother told everyone that her daughter had passed away, completely isolating herself from the outside world. and even worse, she's going to be homeschooled.

"what?!" y/n slightly raised her voice out of shock. "mom, please, you can't do this to me." teary eyed, she begged her mom to set her free again. "i'm sorry. i made this decision. it's for your own good." as the woman was getting ready to leave y/n's room, she spoke up, trying to defend herself.

"when can i make a decision then? is it until i'm gonna be 21? cause it's such an excuse mom, you can't just isolate me without me knowing just like that! i have friends around me."

instead of listening to her daughter, she still left just like that. y/n couldn't hold back her tears anymore, so she cried. she cried herself to sleep that night, thinking about her now ruined future with her friends — and bill. worse of all, she can't do anything about it.