Chapter 2 : Things I Need To Remember

I could look into your eyes
Until the sun comes up And we're wrapped in light and life and love

***

"Hyung!"

Mingyu quickened his pace, catching up with Lee Jihoon's hasty steps. Long legs are quite helpful sometimes. As they stood side by side, Mingyu only got a sharp hiss from the man whose surname is Lee.

"S unbaenim , not Hyung . Don't you dare get close to me here."

Hmpph. Mingyu rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Lee Jihoon is an older brother from the same major as him and this year is his first year as an intern . And what a coincidence, the man was found in the same hospital as his intern next year. Which means as long as Kim Mingyu works at this hospital as Jeon Wonwoo's personal nurse, it will be easier for him to meet that one hyung.

" Hyung, please . Don't act as if we are strangers." Mingyu saw Jihoon raise his hand and hit the back of his head quite hard. The sudden attack was something Mingyu didn't expect so Mingyu's screams of pain were enough to make the people around them pay attention to them. But instead of worrying about the victim, Lee Jihoon walked away quickly. Mingyu growled in annoyance. He should have remembered, no villain cares about his victims!

Mingyu caught up with Jihoon who started to disappear behind the door. He glanced briefly at the board in front of the door to see that the little man had walked into the interns' break room. When he got inside, he saw Lee Jihoon already at his desk. He seemed busy with something on his laptop but Mingyu didn't want to know what the man was doing.

Asking Lee Jihoon was futile because the man kept ignoring him. Actually, he didn't understand the reason why Jihoon had been so hostile towards him lately. But if Mingyu thought about it again, it all started when Jihoon introduced Kwon Soonyoung to him. And unexpectedly, it turned out that Mingyu and Soonyoung have almost the same talkative characteristics , so they got along quickly. It seemed that Jihoon felt Mingyu's familiarity with Soonyoung is a threat to his and Soonyoung's friendship, or something? Mingyu didn't understand, but now's not the time to worry about that.

Rolling his eyes, Mingyu smiled widely when he found what he was looking for. The goddess of fortune was on his side now. He didn't need to ask Jihoon if he could find it himself. Walking leisurely toward his destination he began to hear alert voices behind him.

"What are you going to do?"

Mingyu looked back and again the sharp gaze was fixed on him. God, what's with the people? Whether he got it from his childhood friend Jeon Wonwoo or his close friend Lee Jihoon, that sharp gaze was always on him.

" Hyung -oh, no. Sunbaenim ." Mingyu deliberately emphasized the word senior. "I'll borrow this first, ok?"

Before Lee Jihoon could react, Mingyu had already pushed a whiteboard. This whiteboard was small and had wheels under its feet, typical of whiteboards which are meant to be used in different rooms and the wheels are needed to facilitate its mobilization.

Mingyu was grateful he forgot to close the door of this room when he entered, so his escape attempt went smoothly. When he started a bit far from Jihoon's break room he heard the man swearing and shouting at him.

"KIM MINYU! YOU ARE A THIEF!"

Mingyu just laughed out loud, drawing all kinds of attention to him –or to the whiteboard he stole maybe. It was then that he heard heavy footsteps, several meters behind him. Mingyu looked back and... damn Lee Jihoon was chasing him!